My sims 2 keeps crashing after going into a community lot

by Kirby20015

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 2 keeps crashing after going into a community lot

★★ Novice
Hi, i got the sims 2 ultimate edition from an ea advisor and aince 3 days, when i start my game, everything works fine and when i choose a household everything is fine too but sometimes it crashed but today, i bought clothes in a comunity lot and since then, it jeeps crashing when i start my game and enter the household. I downloaded some custom content so i was wondering if it could make my game crash. I tried the trobleshoot thing to open the program in another windows version (windows vista) and it keeps crashing anyway. I cant play it. What do i have to do? I have the game installed since i got my computer ( a month ago) and i never happened until now. ThanksStandard smile
Message 1 of 5 (5,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims 2 keeps crashing after going into a community lot

EA app Team

Hi @Kirby20015,

As you suggest, it might be a mods issue. I would remove them and try again Standard smile

If that doesn't help, you could try to reset your user files. To do so, go to Documents \ EA Games and rename 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' folder you will find there to 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection old'. Next time you open your game you will find it as if it was the first time you played it. Check if the issue is still there and let us know.

Good luck,

Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (6,206 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @Kirby20015,

As you suggest, it might be a mods issue. I would remove them and try again Standard smile

If that doesn't help, you could try to reset your user files. To do so, go to Documents \ EA Games and rename 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' folder you will find there to 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection old'. Next time you open your game you will find it as if it was the first time you played it. Check if the issue is still there and let us know.

Good luck,

Mai

Message 2 of 5 (6,207 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mai
this does not work because it will not permit to rename the game cause being used by another program
Message 3 of 5 (4,284 Views)

Champion

@rjjjrjjj1 , first of all resurrection of an old thread is frowned upon. You can certainly link to an older thread, but you should have started a new thread. However, the problem is easy to solve. First of all, you need to locate your Sims 2 folder (Found Documents > EA Games > Sims 2) and move the folder to your Desktop. Do not copy and paste or create a shortcut. Actually move the file. Next, start up your game to allow for a new folder to regenerate. Don't worry. Your saved games and CC/mods are safe on your Desktop for the moment. Once the game has fully loaded, start a new game and play for about an hour or so to make sure that nothing else odd happens in your game. If nothing has, I would move back one Mod at a time to test the game to see if any of these mods are causing the game to break. You will have to check back with the creators of these mods to see if they have updated them recently and download the latest version. Once you get your mods sorted out, you can move back a few pieces of CC at a time or use a CC checker to see if the CC is corrupted or not. Once all that is sorted out, you can move back your saved games.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (4,268 Views)

Community Manager

Closing discussion to avoid further necroposting.

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example. 

AHQ Rules & Guidelines

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (4,261 Views)