Re: Moving old neighborhoods to Ultimate

by mikecp21

Original Post

Hero

I talked to the author of the article and here's a suggestion they gave me in twitter (hence very short but maybe it helps you): 

install old copies, find Sims2SC.exe in there (in a TSBin folder), keep those TSBin+TSData+CSBin folders...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since Origin still says "Play" on that Store edition (instead of Download etc) you might be in luck: the tutorial doesn't require you to have the installation files; the installed files will just fine (that's because the installation simply copies those files).

If you still have that Store Edition installed, which seems the case with the Play button, I suppose it's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition" (or something similar, don't know where it installs it). Grabbing the files from there should work just as well as from the DVDs.

Message 12 of 18 (878 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I discovered that a moment ago. I tried it with those files in the Store Edition directory and it works just fine. Luckily I did not try, like some other users, to solve the problem by uinstalling the original games. I don't know if it is still possible to download Store Edition through Origin. Although the copyright information will be different. My Ultimate Collection loads with Mansion and Garden, rather than Pets, and the copyright says 2008. But whatever, the game works and my old neighborhoods are in working order so I have no further complaints.

Message 13 of 18 (872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks - I've updated the tutorial to say having the Store Edition still installed will also work.

I'm also not sure if it can still be downloaded (I don't have it myself) so can't check that. Would you be able to verify if the game can still be downloaded?

1. Close Origin

2. Rename the existing "The Sims 2 Store Edition" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" to e.g. "The Sims 2 Store Edition Back-up"

3. Start Origin again, try to download the Store edition (it should show Download instead of Play again)

If the download is successful, that's good news. If it's unsuccessful, you can rename the back-up folder again to its original name to have Origin pick it up again.

If you can provide that feedback, I can improve the instructions at SimsNetwork so others will be able to find their files too Standard smile Thanks.

Message 14 of 18 (869 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded the Ultimate Collection to my laptop.  My previous hoods would not show in the neighbourhood selection screen, so I did a help search.  Ergo, I found the fix instruction here.  I had the Store Edition from Origin, so I used the required files from the external for my desk top.  Worked like a charm.  All the hoods show and work great.  With one exception - NONE of the Sim Store content displays in the Buy/Build catalogues.  HELP!   What's up with this?

Message 15 of 18 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That is because The Sims 2 Store Edition doesn't include any Sims 2 Store content. It only installs the content after you download it. Unfortunately, that's no longer possible because The Sims 2 Store is closed.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 18 (715 Views)

★★ Novice

hey cheetah!! thank you for posting your guide! I had the sims 2 on a different laptop, an hp with vista, I was playing UC on my new laptop and it wasn't the same i missed my old sims and my progress and builds so i took all my neighborhood files and EP99 files onto a flash drive and copied and pasted them correctly, downloaded the registry fix, UC always worked on my new laptop a dell with windows 8 but sims 2 after the registry fix will not run on my dell any suggestions?? It says it cannot use the graphics card but i never had an issue running UC

Message 17 of 18 (586 Views)

★★ Novice

would you ever consider sharing you sims 2 store edition file? please. I too had store edition because I used the online store and now I don't even have it on my pc because I changed laptops.

Message 18 of 18 (467 Views)