Re: Mac- Can I transfer my old neighbourhoods onto Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

by g4564fg6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mac- Can I transfer my old neighbourhoods onto Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

★★ Novice

Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody can give me a hand with this- I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) and have just downloaded Sims 2 Super Collection. I wondered if there's any way I can import an entire neighbourhood from my old game into the App? I've located the neighbourhood file I want from my old sims files but I'm not sure where to go from here!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (3,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

It took me a while as the files are so well hidden, but if anybody struggled to find any answers online like I did, this is how I managed it!

I found the neighbourhood files under Library (in Finder, click Go To Folder..) in the following location: 

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods

And there I just copy and pasted my (now 11 years old!) neighbourhood files, which have been working perfectly Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (3,611 Views)

All Replies

@g4564fg6

You should be able to copy over your saves from your previous game. Try that and let us know if it works Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (3,476 Views)

★★ Novice

It took me a while as the files are so well hidden, but if anybody struggled to find any answers online like I did, this is how I managed it!

I found the neighbourhood files under Library (in Finder, click Go To Folder..) in the following location: 

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods

And there I just copy and pasted my (now 11 years old!) neighbourhood files, which have been working perfectly Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (3,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this post is old but did this ever start crashing for you?

Message 4 of 6 (1,598 Views)

Champion

@bluesatinsashes , have you applied the Graphics Rule Maker to update the graphics card info in the game?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (1,576 Views)

★★ Novice

@bluesatinsashes wrote:

I know this post is old but did this ever start crashing for you?

Funnily enough about a year ago my game developed a glitch and the game crashed every time a particular sim died, plus it started taking over 45 mins to load anything. I haven't played it since as it's barely playable and I'm too sentimental to start again haha.

Has the same thing happened to you?

Message 6 of 6 (1,556 Views)