Re: Is there any LEGAL way to BUY (not for free) a digital copy of The Sims 2?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there any LEGAL way to BUY (not for free) a digital copy of The Sims 2?

★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to avoid breaking laws, but it seems impossible. I'm fully aware that it is no longer free. The problem is that I can't seem to find a legal way to buy it digitally at all for any price. It seems like, weirdly enough, illegal means are the only option. Am I misunderstanding something?

Message 1 of 8 (757 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Kappose  You're not misunderstanding; Sims 2 is no longer available through Origin, for free or otherwise.  The game can still be purchased for mac OS through the app store, but that's probably not the solution you're looking for.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (724 Views)

All Replies

@Kappose  You're not misunderstanding; Sims 2 is no longer available through Origin, for free or otherwise.  The game can still be purchased for mac OS through the app store, but that's probably not the solution you're looking for.

Message 2 of 8 (725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wait, it's available for mac only? Why?

Message 3 of 8 (714 Views)

@Kappose  The mac version is offered through Apple's App Store, and it's still there as of just now.  It doesn't include all of the packs, as I think the last ones weren't ported over to mac OS.  The Ultimate Collection was pulled in October, but that was specific to Origin.  I don't know what the terms of Apple's distribution deal are or were (or the deal with Aspyr, which ported TS2 and TS1 into mac OS), but perhaps the deal allows the app store to continue to offer the game.

However, unlike TS3, there are separate versions for Windows and mac OS, so there's no way you could run the mac version in Windows.

Message 4 of 8 (704 Views)

★ Guide
Go to your local retro gaming stores and see if they have an old physical copy of any of The Sims 2 related products.

Do the help thing and tell the agent the game isn't working, give them the code on the pamphlet in the box and they'll give you The Ultimate Collection.
Message 5 of 8 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

To be honest, I checked on this issue as many people are still wanting a copy of Sims 2 digitally. Unfortunately, the only way to obtain a copy at all for the Windows OS is buying used copies of the CD/DVDs on Amazon. 

@KatastrophicSim , to my knowledge the EA Help Support Line folks are not giving out digital copies any longer either as this practice was stopped last October. I would not advise doing this unless you already had a copy in your Origin account.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (555 Views)

★ Guide
@Tremayne4260 I swear what I did was not part of any promotions. If that is true then there is no reason to buy a physical copy unless you have an older PC.

I got my copy because my existing one no longer works.
There is no reason for them to deny you access to a game you already own.
Message 7 of 8 (541 Views)

Champion

@KatastrophicSim , then your case may have been a one off situation. But please do not advise others to do this just to obtain a copy.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (526 Views)