Re: Is the Sims 2 (digital) version available to access / purchase on Origin?

by mate54

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is the Sims 2 (digital) version available to access / purchase on Origin?

★★★★★ Newbie

As an avid Sims fan, I've played every Sims game ever released lol.

I know it's not readily available on Origin anymore (it's a shame they took it off), but is there absolutely no way to get the Sims 2 anymore?

I have / had the disc version but I really want the digital version so I can actually play it.

I guess this is a last ditch effort to try and get it because I'm gutted it's a game I can potentially never play again after being such a huge fan for so long.

Message 1 of 10 (35,557 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there @beckys19,

The Sims 2 is no longer available digitally through Origin for purchase- if you do not already own The Ultimate Collection in Origin, the only way to play is through the disk version. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (35,525 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there @beckys19,

The Sims 2 is no longer available digitally through Origin for purchase- if you do not already own The Ultimate Collection in Origin, the only way to play is through the disk version. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 10 (35,526 Views)

Champion

@beckys19 , if you have the disks all you need is an external disk drive to install the game and play. If you want to install the game and have any question, please feel free to ask.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 10 (35,516 Views)

★★ Novice

Heyo really want to play sims 2 but I only have the disks and it doesn't work on my laptop is there any way that I can get the game digitally through proving ownership of my original game?

Message 4 of 10 (35,359 Views)

Hero
@SlackerVibes There is no way to legally get a digital copy of The Sims 2 for PC anymore. The game has been retired.

If you own a Mac, though, you can purchase The Sims 2 Super Collection, made specifically for Mac, on Mac App Store.

If you wish to install the game on PC using disks, which is possible, with some setup, please start a new thread, list all the packs you have and whether any of them are Deluxe/Collection bundles, as well as the issues that you're having.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (35,348 Views)

★★ Novice

i just purchased the disk drive for that reason. whenever i go to play it i get told something about the administer on the comp won't let it play. i talked to a microsoft customer service person and he'd told me i needed to download it or it wouldn't play..so i'm not sure what to do. i just wanna play!

Message 6 of 10 (28,846 Views)

★ Novice
@HeyMyNameIsFaith I really wouldn't reccomend installing sims 2 from discs as to install it you have to disable admin privelages and it will install securom which will basically slow down your entire pc. The only way you can really play it digitally is through other sources now because EA doesn't seem to care that they could make loads of nostalgia money by putting this game on steam. Just search sims 2 starter pack online and you will find something
Message 7 of 10 (27,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@HeyMyNameIsFaith On another thread i posted how I get sims 2 to work on modern pcs and laptops with the disk version. Its on page 4

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/Sims-2-won-t-play/m-p/12720424/highlight/true#M21437

Message 8 of 10 (27,708 Views)

Champion

@HeyMyNameIsFaith , in regards to installing the game from disks and Securom, there are instructions you have to do a Google search for in regards to installing the game (actually affects everything from Freetime onwards) and how to remove or prevent Securom from installing. You do have to install the disks as an Administrator, but it is doable. 

Any other questions on how to install the game, please start a new thread and be as detailed as possible on what happens, what errors you are getting and so forth.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 10 (27,550 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Mantha_B2007 sims 2 starter pack is for osab's repack
Message 10 of 10 (26,034 Views)