Re: I've tried everything to get this game to work.

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I've tried everything to get this game to work.

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried everything to get this game to run. If I get to the neighborhood, the textures are pink and if I load in to a family (sims are pink t-poses), I usually crash before that. I've tried the 4gb patch as well as using graphics rules maker.

Both things have not solved the issues of pink flickering textures all over the place, and crashing constantly. Everything I've read online says these should generally fix the problem, but it just hasn't for me. Compatibility mode has done nothing for me either. This is all with the Ultimate Edition on Origin. Any ideas?

For reference, I have an RTX 2080ti, i9 9900k, and 32gb 3200mhz ram. Of course, this is running on Windows 10 which seems to be the source of all of these problems.

I have also tried disabling the shaders in game and while that does make some of the pink textures go away, not all of them do and the sims themselves are still completely pink t-poses.

Message 1 of 6 (613 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8940 A solution posted by citrusalex has seemingly solved my problems! Doesn't seem to be a well known solution, but it fixed my problem and I think it's worth a try for other people as well. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (521 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@KKonaTriHard , there are some additional tweaks you will need to make to the Graphics Rule.sgr file. You also need to make sure that you edit the Video Cards.sgr file as well. If you go to Leefish's forum, they have excellent instructions on how to the game to run on Windows 10. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the response! Is there a specific thread on the Leefish forum I should reference?

Message 3 of 6 (576 Views)

Champion

@KKonaTriHard , I would look for the Sims 2 section and browse through that. Also, I just remembered that when I started to get Sims 2 to run again, I had remove a lot of my CC at first, cull it to remove unknown content and shorten the names of some of the pieces so that the game would recognize the CC easier. 

Message 4 of 6 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8940 A solution posted by citrusalex has seemingly solved my problems! Doesn't seem to be a well known solution, but it fixed my problem and I think it's worth a try for other people as well. Thanks!
Message 5 of 6 (522 Views)

Champion

@KKonaTriHard , good to know.

Message 6 of 6 (507 Views)