How do I redownload Sims Medieval for iphone?

by ce1ia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I redownload Sims Medieval for iphone?

★★★ Newbie

I bought this game a while ago but it has since been removed from the app store. I don't think I was ever credited.... is there a way I can redownload it??

Message 1 of 11 (20,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I redownload Sims Medieval for iphone?

EA app Team

Hi @ce1ia,

Welcome to the community!

The Sims Medieval for Android and iOS was retired from the App Store and Google Play a couple years ago. This means that you can keep playing the game if you have it installed, but it's not possible to download it again.

If you enjoyed that game, I would recommend trying some of our other mobile games like The Sims FreePlay and SimCity BuildIt. We also have a new game coming out soon: The Sims Mobile.

Have fun! Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (22,882 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @ce1ia,

Welcome to the community!

The Sims Medieval for Android and iOS was retired from the App Store and Google Play a couple years ago. This means that you can keep playing the game if you have it installed, but it's not possible to download it again.

If you enjoyed that game, I would recommend trying some of our other mobile games like The Sims FreePlay and SimCity BuildIt. We also have a new game coming out soon: The Sims Mobile.

Have fun! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 11 (22,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can you guys please bring it back to iPhone because I really want to play it
Message 3 of 11 (20,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would also like to download the Sims Medevil on my iPhone. With the Game of Thrones coming back for its last season I would really like to play a sims game that is similar to the show I Love. Please Please Please bring back the app to the App Store so I can play it. Thank you for reading my request

Message 4 of 11 (16,738 Views)

Champion

@Calciferlily , I'm afraid it may not be possible to bring the game back. Granted it's up to EA, but the coding may no longer be compatible with the existing iOS.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 11 (16,712 Views)

★ Novice

I really loved it on my phone more than I do on my Mac, and I only got the PC version because I loved the app so much. Can you please put the app back out in the app store and play store? Might be a long shot but it looks like I'm not the only one who loves the app.

Message 6 of 11 (11,810 Views)

Champion

@Kurisutenu , as Operating Systems change for both cell phones and computers, older games may require a great deal of time, money and man power to update. EA may have chosen to focus more on the PC version of games as opposed to the mobile versions of games or only offer limited titles on phones. As many phones and computers move away from 32 bit games, it becomes harder to update the older titles to be 64 bit. Those decisions are made by Apple, Android and other cell phone companies and so it may have been out of EA's hands. 

Message 7 of 11 (11,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi so I honestly actually really enjoyed this game. Can you guys possibly return it on the App Store for phone and iPads because I know a lot of people on phone that played the game and can’t no more would probably like to play it. And I have also read a lot of people saying they want it back.

Thank you 😊 

-Chelsea

Message 8 of 11 (10,287 Views)

Champion

@chelseascoey , I'm afraid that neither Sims 3 or Sims Medieval will not return at this time to the App Store for iPhones or iPads. EA has not made any announcements about updating older apps either. The game is only available for PC. As I stated in the post before yours, it is EA decision and as many phone OS change, these games were 32 bit apps that EA has chosen not to update to run 64bit. It is EA choice to use their money and manpower to focus on other projects.

EA is now focusing on Sims Mobile and The Sims. 

Message 9 of 11 (10,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Quit making excuses. The people have spoken and already been robbed of their money.

Trading standards for games, plus consumer rights state;

You may be entitled to a partial refund in the following circumstances:

*the cost of repair/replacement is disproportionate to the value of the digital content

*repair/replacement is impossible

*repair/replacement would take unreasonably long

*repair has been unsuccessful

If you don't want a refund and still want your product repaired or replaced, you have the right to request that the retailer makes further attempts at repair/replacement.  

So where were the refunds?

Message 10 of 11 (5,793 Views)