Re: How do I get The Sims Medieval mods to work?

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

How do I get The Sims Medieval mods to work?

★ Apprentice

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to ask about mods on here or not but I thought I'd give it a shot. I just recently downloaded The Sims Medieval for the first time but I was disappointed to see that there wasn't an option to edit pre-existing sims in Cas. I tried both teerag's mod for this and deedawg's mod for this and neither of them worked. I'm pretty sure I followed all of the steps correctly. I'm not sure why they aren't working.

Message 1 of 11 (12,102 Views)

Champion

@NameesaiLayy , personally, I do not use Mods for Sims Medieval. However, Sims Medieval shares a similar architecture to Sims 3. What this means is, what works for Sims 3 should work for Sims Medieval. There is a special set of files you need to add to the Sims Medieval folder before you can add mods or CC. (Again similar to Sims 3). I got my folders from Mod the Sims and you should be able to search their Sims 3 section for the information you need to copy and add these special folders. Just follow the instructions on that forum. 

Next, try adding one of those mods as both appear to do the same thing and may conflict with each other and cause the game to crash. 

Please keep me updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 11 (12,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is what my files for the game looks like, I'm not sure why it isn't working

Message 3 of 11 (12,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NameesaiLayy , you shouldn't have to mess with "TestingEnabled....." cheats or editing any files within the game. As I said, go to Mod the Sims website. Click on most any of the CC you see for Sims 3 and look for instructions on how to install CC in Sims 3. There should be a file framework that needs to be downloaded and installed into the game folder for Sims Medieval (well the instructions will be for Sims 3, but they apply the same principal). If you can't find it, it should be in their game help/wiki section for Sims 3. 

To get to Mod the Sims, you will need to Google search for the web link.

Message 4 of 11 (12,017 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 It didn’t work Frown sorry I’m not very good at this stuff.
Message 5 of 11 (12,009 Views)

Champion

@NameesaiLayy , did either of these mods give any instructions on how to install them? 

Message 6 of 11 (11,982 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I followed them exactly.

Message 7 of 11 (11,960 Views)

Champion

@NameesaiLayy , I read the thread at Mod the Sims where someone has posted the same issue as you. Apparently neither creator has logged into the site for awhile and both of these mods are broken and no one has fixed them or plans to fix them. I'm afraid there is no way to edit NPC's. 

Message 8 of 11 (11,942 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@NameesaiLayy  Just to add, and it's only clothing, hair and makeup, not facial features; but calling a nearby NPC to a wardrobe lets you edit them in CAS.

Message 9 of 11 (11,925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That stopped working for me.   I click on the Sim I want to change in the menu and the command disengages immediately.  The other Sim won't come to be changed.  

Message 10 of 11 (11,752 Views)