Help Uninstalling Sims 1 on Windows 10!!

by blingerlove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help Uninstalling Sims 1 on Windows 10!!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently whipped out my old disk copy of The Sims 1 Deluxe Edition, only to find out after some testing and research that the game is totally broken unless you download a workaround to get it to play. I tried and it didn't work but I am not bothered by it much, it was more just for nostalgia for a night. However, it did take up some of the very little space I have left on my SSD. I cannot seem to uninstall this game! I tried going into the program file folder under "Maxis - The Sims," and there was no uninstall option anywhere. So I went into the add or remove programs part of the control panel and clicked uninstall on The Sims Deluxe Edition. All that did was pop up with the InstallShield asking me to insert the disks. I tried it and it just installed it a second time for me. I opened the booklet that came with the disks and it says there is supposed to be an uninstall option in the program files, but it's all old information clearly meant for Windows 98/XP. Please help me uninstall this game! I tried to delete all my files for it out of the program file folder, restart and try to uninstall from add/remove programs and that led me back to the same installation setup.

Message 1 of 5 (8,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help Uninstalling Sims 1 on Windows 10!!

[ Edited ]

@blingerlove  Yeah, the forums can be a bit of a maze to navigate the first few times you show up.  That's why we can move posts—quite a lot of them end up in a different section than the one that corresponds to their game.

Anyway, sorry no one has responded to you yet.  Sims 1 is so old I'm not actually sure of the best way to uninstall it.  But a good place to start would be Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine), which usually does a good job of cleaning up both the program files and whatever leftover remnants remain elsewhere on the computer.  You don't even have to install Revo if you'd rather not; just pick the portable version.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Let me know if you need instructions on how to use it.

If Revo doesn't work, or if you want to make sure it was thorough, you can also try Piriform's CCleaner (again, the free version works fine).  That's the preferred tool for removing registry entries when you don't want to clean it yourself, always a dicey proposition.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (8,770 Views)

All Replies

@blingerlove  I've moved your post to the Other Sims Games section, where Sims 1 questions belong.

Message 2 of 5 (8,814 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! This is my first time using the forums and I was redirected from the sims website so I was unsure. Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (8,810 Views)

[ Edited ]

@blingerlove  Yeah, the forums can be a bit of a maze to navigate the first few times you show up.  That's why we can move posts—quite a lot of them end up in a different section than the one that corresponds to their game.

Anyway, sorry no one has responded to you yet.  Sims 1 is so old I'm not actually sure of the best way to uninstall it.  But a good place to start would be Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine), which usually does a good job of cleaning up both the program files and whatever leftover remnants remain elsewhere on the computer.  You don't even have to install Revo if you'd rather not; just pick the portable version.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Let me know if you need instructions on how to use it.

If Revo doesn't work, or if you want to make sure it was thorough, you can also try Piriform's CCleaner (again, the free version works fine).  That's the preferred tool for removing registry entries when you don't want to clean it yourself, always a dicey proposition.

Message 4 of 5 (8,771 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! That Revo is WONDERS ♥ And you are too XO TYSVM
Message 5 of 5 (4,112 Views)