Re: H&M Fashion Stuff installed, objects not showing in game (Disc, Win 10)

by mate54

Original Post

H&M Fashion Stuff installed, objects not showing in game (Disc, Win 10)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have anything installed that could cause this. Do I need to reinstall it? If yes, do/should I need to un/reinstall any others? H&M appears to be the only pack affected.

Message 1 of 14 (1,062 Views)

Hero
@DragonPeaks Can you please list all the packs you have installed, as well as any collections/Deluxe versions in case you have them?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 14 (1,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, sorry for the late reply! I have all the expansion & stuff packs installed. No deluxe or collectors versions.

edit: I forgot to mention: I also posted this question on Reddit & received this reply: "Yeah, you probably need to uninstall and reinstall in that case - or if you can figure out which file is the problem you can replace it from the disc (when this happens it's often a case of a file getting modified randomly - check your Res/StuffPack/Objects folder to see if it's the SPObjects package, as well as the Res/3D folder to see if anything in there was recently modified, those are the likely culprits)."

I checked the files and nothing seems to be modified recently.

I tried to uninstall it, but it won't uninstall. It asked "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?". I click yes to proceed with uninstalling it, but that's as far as I can get, unless I restart my PC. When I restart it, it either says something along the lines of "This program may not have (un)installed correctly." or "Is this program working correctly?" (Not the exact words - I don't remember them at the moment.). It gives me two options: use the trouble shooter (& launch with compatibility settings) or close.

I've also tried uninstalling using eauninstall.exe, but I get the same responses. I haven't tried uninstalling any other packs.

edit 2: Bon Voyage objects are also missing from the game. I'll test all the stuff packs in a little while. I don't know if this'll help, but the cc I have installed is Clean UI by greatcheesecakepersona (+ some of the recommended cc), Empty Hood Templates (both for normal hoods & stealth hoods) by JawUSA, dreadpirates shader fixes, Cinema Secrets by veronavillequiltingbee & CEP & Scriptorium by Numenor. I launch by game using Sims2RPC by Lazy Duchess.

edit 3: All the affected packs are: Bon Voyage, Celebration Stuff & H&M Fashion Stuff.

Message 3 of 14 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DragonPeaksAs far as I'm aware, those should not cause any issues. You could try Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the packs, then reinstall them.

Although, at this point, a thorough reinstall of the whole game might be the best idea; just make sure to back up your user data in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ as well as any mods you wish to keep.

The game, if you install from disk, might not always install correctly as it has many patches, and some of them flat out crash without 3rd party software. If you choose to reinstall everything, let me know all the packs you have and whether any of them are part of Collection/Deluxe bundles.

Out of curiosity, since my H&M installation used to be broken several years ago, did you ever use Numenor's AnyGameStarter?

Message 4 of 14 (972 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought about uninstalling & reinstalling all of them, but I'm hoping there's a faster solution.

I'll try Revo Uninstaller & reinstall them to see if the objects show in game, but it'll be a couple of days. I downloaded the patches from SimsVIP; I've never had a problem with my game crashing. I never used AnyGameStarter, just Sims2RPC.

Message 5 of 14 (965 Views)

Hero
@DragonPeaks Let me know what happens when you reinstall just the affected packs.

Message 6 of 14 (950 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had some free time to work on it this morning. I uninstalled the 3 affected packs using Revo Uninstaller, removed any safe files & removed any files of it from the Registry Editor. I restarted my computer & tried installing H&M again. I didn't try the other 2.

I get these pop-ups: "The Sims 2 is not installed or improperly installed on your machine. Please install or reinstall The Sims 2.". I get the same pop-up for Apartment Life. After that it says "The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate.".

Before I did all this, I loaded the launcher (but didn't load the game) and noticed some icons were missing.

sims2 launcher.png

Message 7 of 14 (914 Views)

Hero
@DragonPeaks Missing icons are probably not a good sign, and the "not installed" message, as well as a crashed patch, aren't helping.

I still think reinstalling everything might be the best way to go, as I am not confident in repairing the registry manually.

Message 8 of 14 (899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think that's the only choice at this point, haha. I'm not too confident in editing/repairing the Register Editor either, but I learned a little basics from a previous Sims issues I had.  I'll work on un/re-installing everything over the course of this weekend, hopefully I have it done sooner than later & hopefully this doesn't happen again. Thank you for your help so far, it's greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 14 (893 Views)

Hero
@DragonPeaks Please make sure that you install all the patches for every pack if available (including the base game). They are available on Mod the Sims and SimsVIP.

Each patch needs to be installed as soon as its respective expansion pack is installed.

For base game, University and Nightlife, you will have to use GrumpyLoader (found on Mod the Sims forums) to run the patches and ignore errors, otherwise they will crash and corrupt your installation.

Message 10 of 14 (873 Views)