Game won't start after "Play"

by Thelollypopeater

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't start after "Play"

★ Novice

I used to play The Sims Medieval quite a lot on my old computer but then that computer broke so I stopped playing until recently when I decided to pick it up again and whilst trying to play it on my new PC, I can get to the launcher but the "Welcome" tab doesn't load up and when I press the play button nothing happens but the launcher closes. I have tried opening the launcher again but when I again press play, it says that the game is already I know for a fact that my PC can run it because I've looked at the system requirements. I'm running Windows 10 if that's any thing to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (1,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't start after "Play"

★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, I managed to fix the problem but the reason it wouldn't work was because of a patch I installed so I was able to play the game on an earlier version.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,101 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Thelollypopeater Did you make sure to update the game? To install the patch, please check the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Medieval/The-Sims-Medieval-Troubleshooting-FAQ/td-p/2556704#3

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 4 (1,010 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, I managed to fix the problem but the reason it wouldn't work was because of a patch I installed so I was able to play the game on an earlier version.

Message 3 of 4 (1,102 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear! Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (992 Views)