[FAQ] The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Ended (July 31)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - PLEASE POST HERE

★★★ Novice

Hi! I recently downloaded and installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection off Origin and the installation went fine, but when I open the game, I can only play for as long as about 3 minutes before it crashes. I have a laptop with Windows 8 in it. What can I do to get it to work fine? 

Thanks very much.

Message 191 of 222 (903 Views)

Re: [FAQ] The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - PLEASE POST HERE

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jubylluba Have you tried running the Sims 2 in compatibility mode? If you haven't then try to run it with Windows XP compatibility mode.

Message 192 of 222 (874 Views)

Re: [FAQ] The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Updated (July 24)

★ Novice

I am trying to download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, but the download keeps failing.  (Error 196620:0)

Any idea why? I've reinstalled origin but no luck.

Any insights would be appreciated  

Message 193 of 222 (799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have the Sims 2 for ages already(the orignal CDs), all expansions and almost every stuff-pack. Since I had a couple of stuff packs missing I thought it would be great to download the pack Origin offers, but here is my question. Will they merge? 

I have of course a lot of saved games, dowloaded stuff, personalized clothes and things like that in my old Sims, so I wonder if the Origin games and those will merge or they will be considered separate different games. And in case of merging: do I need to play then always from Origin? or can I still play with my CDs offline?

Thank you !

Ester

Message 194 of 222 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My game won't load; and I mean at all. No start up screens, no errors, no nothing. I click the 'play' button and get the loading cursor for a few seconds before it just stops. I've tried getting to it from a few different ways and nothing at all. Has anyone had this problem, or know why this might be the case?

I'm running Windows 7 and I have played The Sims 2 on this level of system compatability before, I know it's not an issue with anything like that.

Also, is it normal to only get the option of 'call' for customer service in Canada? It's the only option available to me and I really dislike dealing with customer service via the phone to the point of full-on anxiety attacks at times. But I'm not getting any options at all, just to wait for a phone call.

Message 195 of 222 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

transportive, I have no idea why your game isn't working... but don't call them and spend money... talk to someone via live chat in their support section. Yes, you will need to wait for someone to help you, but it costs nothing and you can keep a copy of the convo.

Message 196 of 222 (672 Views)

★★★ Novice

t3r_dflourite if you download and install the digital version, you can't play your game via your disc. But once the game is installed you CAN play OFFLINE.

Also, follow these instructions before downloading / installing the digital version...  http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-your-sims-2-files

Message 197 of 222 (671 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA, is there a Mac version coming? Currently after redeeming the code it only allows for a windows download. You can buy The Sims 2 for mac retail in shops, so why isn't it avaliable for digital download?

Message 198 of 222 (640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PLZ  help when i start the game

It gives a Error that the Mansion and garden stuff is not working

Plz help

Message 199 of 222 (613 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there,

I've downloaded the game but it won't play at all.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that I have Windows 8? If not, what can I do about it?

Thanks Confusedmileywink:

Message 200 of 222 (597 Views)