Re: Does the sims 2 ultimate collection work for windows 8? It doesn't work when I download it

by Slionr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does the sims 2 ultimate collection work for windows 8? It doesn't work when I download it

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Today I found out that they were putting sims 2 ultimate collection for free on origin and I was wondering if it would work on my windows 8 computer? I tried downloading it but this message keeps coming up when I entered the code and when I pressed download it wouldn’t download, the message says (we’ve encounter a problem) An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments but I tried again and again and I even restarted my computer but nothing seems to work. What should I do?
Message 1 of 12 (6,887 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does the sims 2 ultimate collection work for windows 8? It doesn't work when I download it

★★ Novice
I fixed everything, what I had to do was reset my computer since my game never was able to dowload since it kept saying error and after resetting my computer I downloaded origin again and I went to sims 2 and it finally worked when I downloaded it and it only took an hour to dowload and I'm now going into game and it's fine

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (3,077 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i had another problem with sims 2 ultimate collection, that after downloading it

you cant get further after creating a family or choosing a city to play with, it keeps crashing after that

Message 2 of 12 (6,214 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem myself :/

Message 3 of 12 (5,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have problem after download. When game run, loading stay on Fun with Pets logo.

Message 4 of 12 (5,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My version of the game keeps crashing in create a sim - any fix yet?

Message 5 of 12 (5,237 Views)

★★ Novice

There is a fix for crashes on the game, it's a problem with Integrated Graphics, if you have a NVIDIA there's a solution :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uBWrF6wmU

When you are in "Manage 3D settings" thing, and if you can't find the Ultimate Collection shortcut, click on "Add" (in the right side of the list) and go in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin

You will find an application named "Sims2EP9.exe", choose this application and then keep following the tutorial Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (5,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the same with me

Message 7 of 12 (4,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem! It will do the intro then freeze on the sims pets logo

Message 8 of 12 (3,582 Views)

Hero

Please be patient on the first start. I can take up to 20 min to start.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (3,517 Views)

★★ Novice
I fixed everything, what I had to do was reset my computer since my game never was able to dowload since it kept saying error and after resetting my computer I downloaded origin again and I went to sims 2 and it finally worked when I downloaded it and it only took an hour to dowload and I'm now going into game and it's fine
Message 10 of 12 (3,078 Views)