Re: Compatibility issues with Sims Medieval and Windows 10, not resolved

by Panda14616

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Compatibility issues with Sims Medieval and Windows 10, not resolved

★★★ Newbie

I see from previous posts and around the net, the issue remains unresolved. I bought the game on Steam years ago. I tried to play recently, but it wouldn't play so I bought a CD on Amazon (December 2017). I got a little farther, but not much. I installed all the updates and screen launcher update. Hit PLAY. Nothing. Tried running as administrator. Nothing. Tried picking the compatibility options for maybe 20 minutes. Nothing.

Then I read I should uninstall, go back and reinstall but DO NOT download any updates. So I did, I skipped it, and when I pressed PLAY, I got the movie and something else loaded, finally landing on the first screen where you pick a quest (or whatever it is). However, in the center of the screen, in a box that looked like part of the artwork (meaning it wasn't a Windows error or a game error) it said something to the effect that it can't find my video card, or I have no video card and a warning about game play. There's a big red CHECK in the corner, I guess to click out. But I can't click out. In fact, I can't click anywhere. Keyboard either (F keys) don't work. I have to go to the Task Manager to unload the game. So I don't know what's going on here. Uninstalling and reinstalling in different compatibility modes, too, like in for Windows 7 or Windows XP. The exact same thing happened. This "Video Card Error" kept popping up and the mouse and keyboard didn't work. Well, it did work, kinda. If you hovered over certain areas, a box would come up telling you what you were hovering over, but no response from clicking or the keyboard.

Then I went for the digital download. Login to Origin and put in my product code. Origin says, "Can't do it. Go to www.thesims3.com and get it there." (I'm paraphrasing.) At TheSims3, it tells me my password doesn't work which is supposed to be the one I JUST USED on Origin. So I click "Forget Password" and it bumps me over the EA site www.ea.com where it AUTOMATICALLY logs me in. I try to d/l from there. I put in my product key and it says, "Can't do it. Go to www.thesims3.com and get it there." And the whole thing just goes round and round.

At www.thesims3.com, I tried "Join for Free" button and put in my email address. It came back with "You're already in the system." 

Whomever you are, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3 or Origin, you really don't have your act together. This is ridiculous. And your customer support is awful. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,636 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @Madgemoon,

I'm sorry to read you are having issues to enjoy your The Sims Medieval game Frown

Installing the digital version of the game through Origin is indeed recommended when having compatibility issues, so let's try to find out what's going wrong with thesims3.com.

Could you please try to log into thesims3.com using your browser's incognito mode, or using a different browser than the one you have tried already?

You could also get in contact with one of our advisers through EA Help, and ask them for help to redeem your The Sims Medieval code in your account. You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,869 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @Madgemoon,

I'm sorry to read you are having issues to enjoy your The Sims Medieval game Frown

Installing the digital version of the game through Origin is indeed recommended when having compatibility issues, so let's try to find out what's going wrong with thesims3.com.

Could you please try to log into thesims3.com using your browser's incognito mode, or using a different browser than the one you have tried already?

You could also get in contact with one of our advisers through EA Help, and ask them for help to redeem your The Sims Medieval code in your account. You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 8 (1,870 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you have a newer video card you have to manually add it to the list of supported video cards. Here are the instructions I used http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.0

I know this is for the sims 3 but it also works for sims medieval.

Message 3 of 8 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, Mai. My apologies for the late response. I was able to log in to thesims3.com using the incognito mode as you suggested. Before I do what the fellow below suggested about the video card (I may try that anyway), I will try to d/l the program again from the site. Unless you have any other suggestions. Thanks, Madge

Message 4 of 8 (1,448 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Madgemoon,

Panda's suggestion has helped other player's avoid the warning message you can see in the linked site. However, that message is only a warning that lets you know the game has chosen default settings because it doesn't recognize your video card. Even if you get that message, it is only information not an error, you should still be able to play the game. The fact that you can't makes me think you have a different situation here.

Could you please give us more technical information about your computer? A dxdiag would be very helpful. You can find instructions on how to get a dxdiag here, and you can attach it to your answer.

This would allow us know which graphics card your computer has and check if your drivers are updated.

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 5 of 8 (1,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks again. I was able to d/l the game through Origin and am able to play without having to manipulate my video card. For the record, I'm using Windows 10 and Opera as my browser using their VPN. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I did get the message when I reloaded the game this time and was able to exit. I got the message last time and was unable to exit, but it looks like we're good. Thanks very much.

Message 7 of 8 (1,437 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Madgemoon,

Thanks for the update! Glad you can play now!

The message means the game didn't know your graphics card model so it set the settings to default.

I'd recommend opening the graphics settings and if settings are not set to highest possible already, try to play the game with high settings. Check the performance of the game as, unless you are playing on an old computer or a notebook not designed for gaming, it's likely you can play it with highest settings.

If you notice lower performance, you can always go back to lower settings Wink

Have fun in your kingdom!
-Mai
Message 8 of 8 (1,369 Views)