Re: Castaway Stories application crashes and crashes...

by JYintoSoul

Original Post

Castaway Stories application crashes and crashes...

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello everyone,I've tried run it as admin,tried run it with every other compatibility,tried turn off anti-virus,tried re-install it multiple times already...it just keeps repeating the same thing.Every time I click "New Game" it crashes... Any suggestion would be wonderful,thanks for your time!

1889f9fb46.bmp

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Change system locale to United States! I googled day and night finally found the answer on one of the Sims fan base..."Change System Locale to UNITED STATES"!!

Message 1 of 6 (4,379 Views)

★★ Novice
Is it just impossible to play?I've posted the same question on couple of sim websites already,just no reply...same as here. Is it just not meant to be played?? The official simstories website mentioned in the readme file went offline eons ago,this is the only Sims game I've encountered such problem with. I installed this game like a month ago...
Message 2 of 6 (4,351 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JYintoSoul

Some games are just not upwards compatible..

Can you please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 3 of 6 (4,343 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for replying. I've played much older games on Windows 10 (Neverwinter Nights,Half Life,etc.),even The Sims 1 can start and run right after installation...this game just won't do! I don't understand why,maybe there's something deeper in my system causing the problem...anyway,thanks for replying,I'll check it out.
Message 4 of 6 (4,313 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JYintoSoul

You might also want to check out this thread?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/The-Sims-2-Compatibility-with-Windows-8-10/td-p/22701...
See if any of the ideas work for you..!

It's for Sims 2 but they're essentially the same :P

Message 5 of 6 (4,304 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks,this may be anger talk but...I think The Sims 2 (and all of it's contents) is without a question the best of the entire series,and the only one with such high ranking in all gaming...Yet it's the (unnecessarily) toughest one to start the d@mn game!You need to walk through fire to play it! I remember the layers and layers of additional fixing to get my Ultimate Collection work on it's best,graphicsrulesmaker and all of that fan made stuff...now I'm facing the headache again on this one! I think EA needs meditation on this...Thanks for your suggestion and time tho~
Message 6 of 6 (4,281 Views)