Can't save the progress in the Sims 2 UC

by Rassatu

Original Post

Can't save the progress in the Sims 2 UC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, before I created this topic I looked everywhere, and I tried to find solutions which none of them did not work. I tried everything that has said, move the game one place to another, deleted the "TM" thing, deleted some unnecessary files, yet all of these solutions did not work at all. When I open the game, it says that I do not have enough space, therefore there may be some issues in the game. I created a family, moved them into a house, saved the progress and then quit. After that, when I open the game again, there is nothing, neither the progress nor the family that I created. I have 60 gb of free space in C: , 1.67 TB of free space in D: , and also I have an additional disk which has 428 gb of free space. I use Win10. Could you help me to find solutions? 

Have a nice day to all. 

Message 1 of 3 (587 Views)

Re: Can't save the progress in the Sims 2 UC

Champion

@Rassatu , try moving your Sims 2 folder (Documents > EA  Games > Sims 2) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved game information would be stored. Next start up the game allowing for a new Sims 2 folder to generate. Please remember that none of your CC/Mods will be present at this time. Next start up a new game to test to make sure everything works and play for about an hour or so and then save and quit the game. 

Two things to remember. One, do not play with any other applications running while playing Sims 2. This is to make sure that your computer isn't using extra RAM and can devote all resources to the game. Next, when finish playing go into the Sims 2 folder in Documents and delete the "Accessory.cache" and the "Groups.cache" as these can become corrupt and removing them insures a clean game. 

Please report back.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (579 Views)

Re: Can't save the progress in the Sims 2 UC

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your comment, I tried your solutions but it is no luck. It is so strange, I have never experienced an issue like this before. 

Message 3 of 3 (571 Views)