Can't click anything!! The Sims Medieval

by KakisLakis

Original Post

Can't click anything!! The Sims Medieval

★★★ Newbie

Sooo.... I was going to play the sims medieval ( I just downloaded it ) and it doesn't work.

It started but I can't do the tutorial or anything actually. I can't click anywhere and it says that I have an unrecognized video card. (and I can't click away that either)

I don't have it on origin and haven't installed it on my computer before either... ( it was installed on an older computer )

Anyone who nows how to fix that problem?

Message 1 of 8 (1,757 Views)

Re: Can't click anything!! The Sims Medieval

Champion (Retired)

@KakisLakis

Do you meet the system requirements? please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Try updating your graphics drivers.

Message 2 of 8 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the thing but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it so i'm just going to add it to this

Message 3 of 8 (1,172 Views)

Champion

@nicola_ak_05 , so just want to get some facts straight here as the original post wasn't terribly helpful. So you've recently downloaded the game and have never played it before (At least on this computer) and you aren't able to choose anything to play the game? Are you installing the game from Origin and did it properly install the game? Did you get any error messages while installing?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 8 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but after I reinstalled the game on the same computer from the disc, after deactivation of Origin. So the problem should not be in requirements, because it has been running just fine before. How can I fix it now? That was my last Sims still working since the arrival of Origin.

Message 5 of 8 (317 Views)

Champion

@mx44hkj1tukjare you on  Mac? If so, the game will no longer work on Macs unless you are running Mojave as your OS. The Sims Medieval (unlike Sims 3) is still 32bit for the Mac.

Message 6 of 8 (290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I run it on Windows 10. The game has worked just fine a few months ago, before reinstallation. And I can see many people on internet complaining about this very problem. It seems to be a common issue for The Sims Medieval, but I do not get why it has appeared to me now, after all the years.

Message 7 of 8 (279 Views)

Champion

@mx44hkj1tukj , ok some people have tried to reinstall the game from the EA App and can then run it fine. It sounds like some files are missing from the game some where.

Message 8 of 8 (246 Views)