Re: retired games and getting a new code

by glorialynnhoney

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I get my physical Sims 2 copy onto my Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

I want to play this game so badly, but my PC doesn't have a ODD. Can I get my physical copies of Sims 2 and some expansion packs added to my origin library? I beg you...

Message 1 of 7 (1,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I get my physical Sims 2 copy onto my Origin account?

Champion

@harrykeum  sorry, but the answer is no. The only way to have gotten a digital copy of the game was when EA was giving the digital codes out prior to last year with proof of purchase of the game. I just checked Amazon in the US and they only are selling CD copies.

If you can find someone who has a CD drive that you can connect up to your computer, you can try to download the game or if you have an old computer that is running Windows XP or Windows 7 try that.

The only digital copy of the Sims 2 that I know of being sold currently is for the Mac OS available through the Apple App Store, but it only includes the EPs/SPs ported for the Mac which wasn't the entire run of the game and only runs on the Mac OS.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,584 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can I get my physical Sims 2 copy onto my Origin account?

Champion

@harrykeum  sorry, but the answer is no. The only way to have gotten a digital copy of the game was when EA was giving the digital codes out prior to last year with proof of purchase of the game. I just checked Amazon in the US and they only are selling CD copies.

If you can find someone who has a CD drive that you can connect up to your computer, you can try to download the game or if you have an old computer that is running Windows XP or Windows 7 try that.

The only digital copy of the Sims 2 that I know of being sold currently is for the Mac OS available through the Apple App Store, but it only includes the EPs/SPs ported for the Mac which wasn't the entire run of the game and only runs on the Mac OS.

Message 2 of 7 (1,585 Views)

can i tr

★★★ Newbie

I currently have sims 2 super collection on Mac, im looking at swapping to windows, is there anyway i can get the game transferred to the windows version, or is there anyway i can get the ultimate collection?

Message 3 of 7 (1,580 Views)

Re: can i tr

Champion

@Elischajane , unfortunately not. The only way to get Sims 2 for Windows is to purchase CD copies from either EBay or Amazon. EA is no longer giving out digital codes for UC since last year. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,564 Views)

retired games and getting a new code

★★★ Newbie

how do you get a new code when the game has been retired

Message 5 of 7 (1,501 Views)

Champion

@glorialynnhoney , you probably out of luck. The only way to get a copy of Sims 2 is to buy physical CD/DVDs either used or new from Amazon or Ebay. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanx
Message 7 of 7 (1,461 Views)