Re: Can I Install TS1 with Just the Codes?

by ieta_cassiopeia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I Install TS1 with Just the Codes?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello all! I have a computer that does not have a CD Drive but I own all of the Sims 1 games and have the codes for them. Is there a way for me to play the games with only the codes? Cheers.

-Greg

Message 1 of 4 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice
@ghenzel2 There is no code-only method of getting the Sims 1, and as far as I know there has never been a (legal) download version, this being released in the days when broadband connections tended to be slow. I think the only ways would be:

1) Put each CD into the drive of a computer that has one, then put your non-CD computer onto the same network and commence installation that way. Since that would also require you to have the computer connected that way to play it, and that would be a total faff (not to mention potentially EULA-breaching in some countries), I advise...

2) Get an external CD/DVD drive. If your computer has a USB port, you can get an external drive to plug into it for under £20 (I can't tell where you are from, so if you are not from Britain, please convert the currency accordingly). They're also quite portable, so if it's a laptop-type machine, you can play The Sims 1 anywhere. At that point, you can plug the drive into the computer, pop in the relevant disc and proceed from there, as if your computer had been shipped with a built-in drive. Plus you'll be able to play other CD-based games on your computer.

Best wishes with The Sims revival - that game ate up many hours of gameplay for me at the time Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (420 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@ghenzel2 There is no code-only method of getting the Sims 1, and as far as I know there has never been a (legal) download version, this being released in the days when broadband connections tended to be slow. I think the only ways would be:

1) Put each CD into the drive of a computer that has one, then put your non-CD computer onto the same network and commence installation that way. Since that would also require you to have the computer connected that way to play it, and that would be a total faff (not to mention potentially EULA-breaching in some countries), I advise...

2) Get an external CD/DVD drive. If your computer has a USB port, you can get an external drive to plug into it for under £20 (I can't tell where you are from, so if you are not from Britain, please convert the currency accordingly). They're also quite portable, so if it's a laptop-type machine, you can play The Sims 1 anywhere. At that point, you can plug the drive into the computer, pop in the relevant disc and proceed from there, as if your computer had been shipped with a built-in drive. Plus you'll be able to play other CD-based games on your computer.

Best wishes with The Sims revival - that game ate up many hours of gameplay for me at the time Standard smile
Message 2 of 4 (421 Views)

Champion

@ghenzel2 , afraid there is no digital download of the original "The Sims". You can buy an external CD drive and run the game from there. I would not trust any site that asks you to "pirate" the game. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (407 Views)

★ Novice

@ieta_cassiopeia  Thank you so much for the advice! I intend to buy an external drive in the near future. Just had a hankering to play right meow! lol. I too ate up so many hours of play when it was released. I was so little that the music alone puts me in a nostalgia trip that is like no other! It always brings a smile to my face Standard smile Thanks again for the help!

Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)