Add Sims 2 Retail to Origin Account

by jonathanm218

Original Post

Add Sims 2 Retail to Origin Account

★★★ Novice

Hi, I am unable to add the sims 2 retail to my Origin account.  Others on forum websites have been able to add the retail version to their account recently (one was within the last 2 hours) and I was wondering how to do this.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7 (283 Views)

Re: Add Sims 2 Retail to Origin Account

Hero (Retired)

@jonathanm218 you will need to contact a game adviser:  http://eahelp.ea.com/en/ . For help with navigating the site, see this: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Best of luck and happy gaming

Message 2 of 7 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help@sandarcher.  I contacted an agent via chat and they asked me where I originally purchased the game (over 10 years ago).  They told me that I would have to return to the place of purchase and ask the retail store to assist me (which I do not believe would be helpful at all).  When I asked why I would need to contact the store, he told me that he could not add the game to my account and that the chat was now over, at which time he ended the chat without allowing me to ask further questions.  I was not rude at all throughout the duration of the chat, however the game agent (Navin) was very rude.

Message 3 of 7 (276 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jonathanm218 I will pass this on to a community manager. Hopefully they will be able to assist you. They will only be at work on Monday, so please be patient Standard smile 

I apologise that you had a bad experience. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon!

Message 4 of 7 (271 Views)

Community Manager

@jonathanm218 Hey, in this situation, it looks like the code in question was consumed on an old abandoned account which does appear to be yours going by the username. 

The email address doesn't match your gmail ones that you listed, but it's an aol one. Would that be familiar? Unfortunately i can't publicly share any more info than that. 

I'm sorry that this wasn't resolved satisfactorily on first contact, but I'll encourage you to reach out again, and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_David and thank you to @SandArcher as well for passing this along.  I recently changed the email address on my Origin from an AIM/AOL email to a Gmail one.  The only thing I can think of is that the game was registered back on the old Sims 2 website, which has been down for 2 years.  I would use that from time to time, so that is a possibility.

I will try and reach out again and let you all know what they say.  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7 (255 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jonathanm218 let us know what happens Standard smile 

Message 7 of 7 (250 Views)