Activation failed on Sims Medieval

by frecklesgirl13

Original Post

Re: Activation failed on Sims Medieval

★★★ Newbie

A year later and this is still a problem...dealing with it right now. Or trying to, anyway.

Message 11 of 24 (1,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem( using a Mac)  .I've put the time to 2011 but it's still not working for me Frown 

Message 12 of 24 (1,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was apart of the other thread about this issue and the best thing to do it just get your refund. There is no fix. it's been 3+ years since we're reported this problem to EA. They've acknowledged it but have yet to give us a solution besides a refund or an exchange.

Message 13 of 24 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think i have a solution

I also bought Sims Medieval from Origin and had the same problem, but this worked for me.

Find the Sims Medieval folder it should be in your programs folder and then right click on sims Medieval and click show package contents go into the folder contents and then open the  Info.plist and find

<key>CedegaGameName</key>
<string>C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin\SMLauncher.exe

and change the SMLauncher.exe to TSM.exe

then save and close

This makes it skip the launcher

that worked for me and i hope i works for you, i am not sure if it works on the pirate and nobles because i am having some problems installing it, but i think so.

Good luck

Update:

I got pirate and nobles installed and did the same thing, but sadly no luck, it skips the launcher but goes directly into the activation thing, but at least the base game works.

Good luck

Message 14 of 24 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem. How did you reach the livechat? I couldn't find it on the website.

And agreed, this is frustrating and ridiculous...this should have been explained prior to purchase. The fact that this is still happening over a year later shows they don't give a $%*& about their users.

Message 15 of 24 (1,341 Views)

EA Staff

@kappagirl06 To contact an Advisor please follow the steps below: 

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' 
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into trouble with this!

Message 16 of 24 (3,086 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Its been over a year and this still isnt fixed, I bought it through steam a few years ago and havent played it for a couple years, downloaded it, my internet is so slow it took 4 1/2 hours to download this game. Ive talked to countless tech support reps and they were unable to help me, one even said my machine couldnt run it (i7, 24GB RAM and fairly new nvidia LOL) 

Message 17 of 24 (1,133 Views)

★ Novice

Does this work on Mac? If so its not working for me I can't find the files you mention in your post

Message 18 of 24 (966 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue. Keep receiving the 'Activation Failed' error on my mac even though I used the same code that I used to install it!

Message 19 of 24 (932 Views)

EA Staff

@DarQie and @HoneybeedeSims 

Are you downloading from Origin? if you are then there is known issue with the download versions of Sims Medieval for Macs. The Origin team is working on the issue, but currently there is no ETA for a fix Frown

Message 20 of 24 (924 Views)