simcity 5 origin mac

by Poprenatokf01

Original Post

simcity 5 origin mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i recently bought simcity 5 complete edition on origin, and when i was going to install it on my M1 MacBook Air it said: "your system does not support 32 bit apps". I know that apple dropped support for 32-bit app in macOS catalina, but in this article says that simcity 5 has been updated to 64-bit for macOS, but why origin says it isn't supported when in the article linked it says that its is updated to 64-bit??

Any type of help will be appreciated

Thank you

RK

Message 1 of 3 (1,559 Views)

Re: simcity 5 origin mac

★★ Novice
@Poprenatokf01 EA will not update on origin to 64 bit
Message 2 of 3 (1,534 Views)

Re: simcity 5 origin mac

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Poprenatokf01 - The article you linked is for Aspyr's version of SimCity:Complete on the App Store. If you purchase from the Mac App Store, it should run on your 64-bit system. Aspyr recently released a patch for some crashes that were being experienced by M1 devices with Big Sur. Be aware that the Aspyr version is single player/offline-only play. 

EA has not announced any plans to update their version. There is more information in this post, including some options for running 32-bit games after upgrading. Since you recently purchased the game, you might want to check out the Great Game Guarantee. You should be able to process a return and purchase from the App Store to get a version that runs on your computer.

Message 3 of 3 (1,517 Views)