Re: simcity 4 disc won't launch

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

simcity 4 disc won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have tried contacting EA for help on this but it just kept on sending me here.

I have recently found my old copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition with Rush Hour and it will not let me launch. I can go into the files and click autorun or run and it says I need to log in as admin or it will have the title screen that says 'play', 'uninstall' and 'read me' I think? When I press play nothing happens at all and I have tried waiting a long time. I looked this up and a bunch of people recommended getting help from origin support with getting a digital version. How do I contact them? Does anyone know any fixes?

edit: spelling Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi @geckosarefunky - The old CDs for SimCity 4 will absolutely not run on Windows 10. They were made with a special kind of copy protection called SecuRom. The only way to run the game now is to get a digital copy from Origin. If you've had the CD for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add it to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

**If you bought the CD in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would suggest returning to the seller and explaining that you can't use it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (728 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @geckosarefunky - The old CDs for SimCity 4 will absolutely not run on Windows 10. They were made with a special kind of copy protection called SecuRom. The only way to run the game now is to get a digital copy from Origin. If you've had the CD for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add it to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

**If you bought the CD in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would suggest returning to the seller and explaining that you can't use it.

Message 2 of 2 (729 Views)