sim city 4 physical copy serial into origin

by S0NlC1

Original Post

sim city 4 physical copy serial into origin

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have a physical copy I have purchased new of sim city 4 deluxe edition. I tried to put the serial number into origin as it says online you can transfer a physical copy into origin library. It doesnt work. I have tried to contact EA but cant find any way to do so.

thanks

Message 1 of 2 (822 Views)

Re: sim city 4 physical copy serial into origin

Hero (Retired)

Hi @francoisherisse - What happens when you put the CD key in Origin? If you get an error message, please reply back with the wording. How long ago did you purchase the package? I know you said you purchased it new, I'm just wondering if it was back when the game was new or if you purchased more recently.  

If you've had the CD for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you may be able to register the games in Origin. See this for more info: Origin - Redeem your product and promotional codes However, since SimCity 4 is a legacy game, Origin may not recognize the promo codes. If it won't take, you'll need to Contact EA support and ask them to add it to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification.

If you bought the CD in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would suggest returning to the seller and explaining that you can't use it.

Message 2 of 2 (781 Views)