Re: s

by dimon6579

Original Post

s

★★★ Newbie

Here's my idea. I want to use SimCity 4 for a class of grade 8 students. I want to give each student a USB so they can save their game on it. The school computers get wiped every night, so installing Origin or the game on the computer is not viable. I'm thinking that the best approach is to install and run the game from each students USB, but I don't see any option to install it this way, nor do I see any information about educational discounts for multiple copies. Any ideas on how best to proceed?

Thx

Message 1 of 3 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you have a laptop you could install the game on it and let each student use it to make a city and then save it on their usb sticks. As for giving out multiple copies of the game, im not sure if that is allowed..i think that would be illegally copying a game. Each student would probably have to purchase their own version of the game. To be on the safe side, each student could purchase it off origin if they needed it. As for educational discounts, i would ask on origin and see if they could give you one if your wanting to give each person a copy of it. They might give you a teacher discount code to use for each student. I am thinking, though, that each student will still need to get their copies on their own pc's at home, off of origin. Then they use the coupon code (teacher code) to buy the game, probably at a discounted rate.

Message 2 of 3 (522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think the game DOES run from a copy on a USB drive, I don't think it really needs to be installed, but I am not sure.

But if you want to use a SimCity game for educational purposes, I recommend you use Micropolis (it is based on the source of SimCity 1) and talk to Don Hopkins, he is making a educational version of Micropolis, with tools for teachers and whatnot.

Message 3 of 3 (508 Views)