SimCity Societies

by loveleylilyy

Original Post

Simcity societies not working in windows 8

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have tried all possible options , like compitibility setting , etc. to run sim city societies.

I have recently purchased digital edition of simcity societies and destinations. installed on windows 8 and but societies is not working at all, while destinations is working. 

can you please help me to get working my simcity societies in windows 8.

Thanks & Regards,

Devesh

Message 61 of 145 (6,756 Views)

Re: Simcity Societies, need help plz...

★★★ Newbie

These hints worked perfectly for me, and worked directly after I had installed those workarounds/patches :

Hope it will help...
Feedback welcome

http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?s=487b48126e049bb606c3bb46e717ea5f&t=14297&page=2

thanks to Keith and Cheiromancer

Its working now. Keith is right on the money. Here are the details:

Step 1: Remove .NET Framework using removal tool

================================

1. Please download the tool from the following link:

http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive...eanup_tool.zip

2. Please save the zip file (dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip) from the above link to the local Desktop and extract it.

3. Double click cleanup_tool.exe to run the tool.

4. Please follow the instructions given.

In the "Product to cleanup:" box, please select ".NET Framework - All versions".

5. Click "Cleanup Now" button.

After removing .NET Framework components, let's reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and its update.

Step 2: Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

================================================== =====

1. Click the following link:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to manually install it.

Message 62 of 145 (6,748 Views)

Re: Simcity Societies, need help plz...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Your game isn't part of the current Simcity 2013.  Its message posts belong here now: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/SimCity-Societies/td-p/13544

Hmmm?  A few minutes later, the thread is now part of "Other Games" at least. 

Message 63 of 145 (6,744 Views)

activate simcity societies

★★★ Newbie

Im trying to run SimCity Societies and it prompts me to enter my email and password to activate the game on my computer. Once I do this the window closes and the game never starts. Any solutions?

Message 64 of 145 (6,740 Views)

Re: activate simcity societies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Heya everyone,

If you are experiencing an error with launching the game after installing it through Origin, we have identified a workaround for you. It involves changing the folder name of the game.

1. Go into the installation folder of the game. By default this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\
  2. Rename the folder from SimCity™ Societies to SimCityTM Societies. (Note that the has been removed. )
  3. You should now be able to start the game.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 65 of 145 (6,734 Views)

Re: SimCity Societies

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey there, I have redeemed my simcity socieites code here https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do. However the game has not shown up in my Origin account, can someone help ? 

Message 66 of 145 (6,674 Views)

simcity socities "COULD NOT CONNECT TO SERVER"

★★★ Newbie

WHEN I TRY STARTING UP SIM CITY SOCIETIES ON MY PC, IT BRINGS UP A EA SIGN-IN, AFTER I ENTER ALL MY DATA, IT WILL SAY THAT IT CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE FULL CONECTION

can anyone help?

Message 67 of 145 (6,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

lol like moste of the people here.. i have same problem with my Simcity societies double deluxe game...

i pought my simcity societies double deluxe edition for sometime ago.... and till now i still cant play that game.. looked the dc and theres not even 1 scratch... after pressing install everything instalation box dissapears and thats all.. game even wont start installing...

and as i did read then EA Managment dont even give a **bleep** that they did release broken game like simcity societies... they should atlast help ppl to make theyr game work like it should work.. but they dont.. i have windows xp

Message 68 of 145 (6,023 Views)

Community Manager

@petricya26 wrote:

lol like moste of the people here.. i have same problem with my Simcity societies double deluxe game...

i pought my simcity societies double deluxe edition for sometime ago.... and till now i still cant play that game.. looked the dc and theres not even 1 scratch... after pressing install everything instalation box dissapears and thats all.. game even wont start installing...

and as i did read then EA Managment dont even give a **bleep** that they did release broken game like simcity societies... they should atlast help ppl to make theyr game work like it should work.. but they dont.. i have windows xp

If you are experiencing an error with launching the game after installing it through Origin, we have identified a workaround for you. It involves changing the folder name of the game.

1. Go into the installation folder of the game. By default this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies\
  2. Rename the folder from SimCity™ Societies to SimCityTM Societies. (Note that the  has been removed. )
  3. You should now be able to start the game.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 69 of 145 (6,018 Views)

Simcity societies will not work

★ Novice
My sim city game will not open. I read in another forum you need to download the destinations expansion which is ridiculous! I already paid money for the first game I'm not giving more money just to make it work. Someone tell me how to fix this without paying the extra money! I'm using windows 7
Message 70 of 145 (4,910 Views)