SimCity Societies

by loveleylilyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SimCity Societies

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

after installing simcity societies i try to launch the game he ask me to log my ea account after that game does not start...... help....

Edit (by EANils):  If you are experiencing an error with launching the game after installing it through Origin, we have a identified a workaround for you, check it out here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/SimCity-Societies/m-p/1685103#M9383

Message 1 of 145 (17,435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [SimCity Societies] not working on windows 8

★★★★★ Expert

For some reason, several recent questions about this game came through, in spite of is comparatively great age, for an electronic game, and I looked up the developer forums' URL to offer areference.  This thread showed up also.  I decided "what the heck" . . 

Societies is an entirely separate game from the Maxis SimCity franchise, and has its own separate set of game forums here:  

http://tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

It was released so long ago ('07, I think) that you cannot expect particularly responsive assistance if you want to seek official support at EA Help, and it's not likely to get its own forum here on AHQ.  

View in thread

Message 54 of 145 (13,941 Views)

All Replies

Re: launch prob

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi loveleylilyy,

At the moment, SimCity Social is the only SimCity type game supported on these boards. If you would like to see other Sims games supported here (like Sims Societies), you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Someone already suggested supporting some of these games there, so why don't you express your support for their idea? :robothappy:

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 145 (14,337 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Error Massage : a required security module cannot be activated.This program cannot be executed (6000)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have purchased a new PC game CD of Simcity Societies but when I am trying to start the game it gives me an error message:
(a required security module cannot be activated.This program cannot be executed  (6000).)

I have successfully installed this game on my system and I have follow all the instructions before starting the game.
e.g. close all the background running programs.

My system configuration is :

Win XP
RAM 3 GB
Intel Core2 Dual Processor
HP Pavilion
Inbuild Graphic card.
And all the necessary requirements as mentioned in CD.

Can you please let me know to how to fix this problem or else you can give me the solution on this ASAP.

Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Akky.

Message 3 of 145 (17,874 Views)

Re: Simcity Societies Error Massage : a required security module cannot be activated.This program cannot be executed (6000)

Community Manager

Hi 9579354969,

At the moment, SimCity Social is the only SimCity type game supported on these boards. If you would like to see other Sims games supported here (like Sims Societies), you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Someone already suggested supporting some of these games there, so why don't you express your support for their idea?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 145 (14,866 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Game wont launch - sim city societies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have just purchased and downloaded SimCity Societies it has installed but when I try to play a log in box pops up. I enter the details, the box disappears and nothing happens. I have checked my anti virus settings and allowed this through. I don't want to have to redownload as I have limited internet download limit... Please help.

Message 5 of 145 (17,513 Views)

Re: Game wont launch - sim city societies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi jacqui13,

At the moment, SimCity Societies is not supported on these boards.

If would would like to see SimCity Societies supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 6 of 145 (14,521 Views)

Unable to download mods for the game "Simcity Societies".

Message 7 of 145 (14,266 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Unable to download mods for the game "Simcity Societies".

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had to put this under Simcity Social, but it is for the game SIMCITY SOCIETIES and SIMCITY SOCIETIES DESTINATIONS.

Here is a link i get when i try to download a mod file on the webpage:

http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/exchange/mod/detail.php?assetID=213

I also get this error from the webpage:

http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/error.php?type=404

I just got this game. Why cannot i not download the mods for it?

Message 7 of 145 (17,587 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Registration problem

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Today I purchaced and Downloaded SimCity Societies, I recieved all the product information from the download in a email like the serial code etc. When I clicked Play in origin to start the game a window popped up telling me to log into my EA account to activate my game, everytime I log in the window disapears and the game never starts, ive tried clearing my cache and history, ive called the help lines, no one is able to help me get past this log in window. HELP!!!

Message 9 of 145 (17,433 Views)

[SimCity Societies] registration code not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought the box set and cannot play... It says that i need to put in the play disc. Also I do know how to install simcity sociesties and destinations expansion pack, it asks for the registration code. My paper only has two and neither of them seem to be working. i see other people are having this problem but I dont know how to fix it. Can you help me? thank you...

Message 10 of 145 (17,825 Views)