Re: SimCity Deluxe for iOS and Android

by DarrenWasHere

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
EA are disgraceful, you can't even find the game in the App Store anymore you have to go to previously downloaded games. They only care about generating new content and new $$$ and must simply not care whether or not players who love the original sim city dlx want to play it again.
Message 31 of 39 (2,964 Views)

Re: [SimCity Deluxe] Refund

★★★★★ Expert

The Answer HQ website is not in the refund procedures loop.  This is a peer to peer gamers' website, and we sell nothing here.  We are separate from EA's various commercial business websites. 

@turtlemcsquirtle wrote:

Good luck getting a refund from EA. They don't care if it is dishonest. Do a charge back on your credit card.

While you may have to invest some time in getting it, a Game Adviser is no more predatory than any other company employee.  Meanwhile this thread is a long dead one that should have been allowed to remain in its grave.

Message 32 of 39 (2,963 Views)

★★★ Novice

After trying to play SimCity Deluxe on my iPad, I too discovered that it was unplayable. I had them call me through a ticket (that I had to set up through "SimCity BuildIt", as SimCity Dlx is no longer even listed) and — of course — I was hung up on.

Requested a second callback and after about 15 minutes of travelling in circles ("Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?"), they suddenly realized that it was no longer supported and he used the word "Ghosted", which he clarified to mean that they've completely discontinued and severed any responsibility over the product. When I asked if there could be any update for iOS 8, he simply said, "It's no longer supported, you'll have to call Apple or play it on another device with iOS 7."

They've completely abandoned this product to the point that they're calling it a "ghost". What disturbed me the most was he also said, "A lot of customers have complained about the same issue." So they're completely aware of the issue, but they're refusing to do anything about it simply because it's no longer supported and a new product is replacing it. Yet I haven't paid for the new product, it's not even available yet, and the product I paid for is completely unresponsive.

Hopefully Apple will issue a refund. But after this and previous customer "service" nightmares of EA placing the blame on others and refusing to help for even the most basic of issues, I'm no longer giving EA any money. They have some fun games, but it's not worth it if there's ever a problem. Which there always seems to be. I've removed my credit card information from Origin, and will take my business to other companies who give two **bleep** about their customers.

Message 33 of 39 (2,937 Views)

Simcity deluxe for ipad

★★★ Newbie
Have this app on my iPad 4 with latest iOS updates, app loads up but you can't do anything after that. It's like the screen is dead.

Ipad is working to spec.

Help
Message 34 of 39 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Right not sure if this will work for you but for some reason it seems to work for me.... I've come to the conclusion that ios8 uses up way too memory so simcity doesn't seem to run, what I have done is:-

Gone into settings, simcity app, and turned off use cellular data

I have also gone into settings, general, and turned off multitasking gestures..

I'm not sure why but since I have done this, simcity has worked for me ever since... I think it might be as multitasking gestures refresh apps in the background, so I'm assuming that is also taking up memory, but since I've done these things simcity has worked for me ever since.

Hope this helps.
Message 35 of 39 (2,841 Views)

i PAID for simcity deluxe for iPad and i cannot find it

★★★ Novice
i PAID for simcity deluxe for iPad and i cannot find it to put it back on my iPad. how domi get it ???
Message 36 of 39 (2,716 Views)

Sim City Deluxe for IOs (2011) - build a bridge

★★ Novice

Sim City Deluxe for IOs  on iPad- I cannot build a bridge over water. Any hints would be helpful. Thanks

Message 37 of 39 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I paid for mine, and I want to play it. I keep getting an error message. What's that about?
Message 38 of 39 (1,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To get SimCity Deluxe back on your iPad or iPhone,

1. go to the App Store on the your device.
  2. Tap the "purchased" icon on the bottom row
  3. Find the "search box on the left (not the one at the top right) - it is labeled Search Purchased Apps
  4. Type in SimCity (all one word)
  5. Tap the download icon - tapping the App icon won't work, as the app has been removed and nothing is there to load
  6. The app will now be on your device
  7. Back up your iPad / iPhone to a physical computer. If EA ever decides to fully remove the app from Apple servers, you will still be able to reload it. However, this is not possible with iCloud backup.

I can't stress item 7 enough. I already lost access to The Secret of Monkey Island but thankfully Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge  was still available using the method above.

Too bad we don't get warnings before this stuff happens!

Message 39 of 39 (1,912 Views)