SimCity 4

by ladyfallkon

Original Post

Re: loading a region for future city in SImCity 4

Community Manager (retired)

Hello gaeaskye,

At the moment, SimCity Social, Sims Social and The Sims 3, its expansion packs and its stuff packs are the only Sims games supported on these boards.

However, I would suggest you make sure your files are not corrupted, or zipped, or in the wrong format at some point. They should appear exactly as the other regions in order to work fine for you.

If you would like to see other Sims games supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Someone already suggested supporting some of these games there, so why don't you express your support for their idea? :smileyhappy:

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 31 of 278 (847 Views)

Re: Were in the world do I get a simcity 4 manual!?!?!?!?

Community Manager (retired)

Hi jdball87,

At the moment, SimCity 4 is not supported on these boards.

If would would like to see SimCity 4 supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 32 of 278 (786 Views)

[SimCity 4] New OS windows 7 home premium 32 bit new install of game

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

A new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit . Nothing else installed. New install of Sim City 4 deluxe edition. Installed twice. Same thing both times when you try to launch you either get the EA splash screed with nothing after or you get the message put in the play CD I have tried both disk one and two nothing. I have downloaded the patch it gets 10 % and can't find the files so aborts, I have checked the event viewer it has nothing

Help Please

Message 33 of 278 (2,636 Views)

Re: Sim City 4 retail product code, fails to activate.

★★★ Newbie

i read the topic and it is similer to my problemand contact us doesnt work the topics it sends me to are for different games and i just need someone to send me a new code

Justin Biebow

Message 34 of 278 (3,600 Views)

[SimCity 4] My simcity box set won't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having problems playing my simcity 4 game, I would download like normal and it would ask for play disc.and I would switch to the other CD and nothing would happen it would ask for play CD. And this process would repeat over and over again. My other cds sim society would work fine not my simcity. I tried returning it for an exchange and the store doesn't sell them anymore.

Message 35 of 278 (2,516 Views)

[SimCity 4] Re-installing sim city 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am having a hard time re-installing simcity4 on our computer, 6-8 months ago we bought the sim city box at walmart. we installed everything and registered it and enjoyed it very much. Then about 4 months later we lost our harddrive to a mechanical problem. Now we have a new hard-drive and want to install our game again so we can play and it will not let us. it says our registration number is not legal (assumingly because we have already registered it.) Can anyone offer some advise as to how to use the game that we have PAID for?

Message 36 of 278 (2,479 Views)

Re: My simcity box set won't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@allisonsanchez12 wrote:

I'm having problems playing my simcity 4 game, I would download like normal and it would ask for play disc.and I would switch to the other CD and nothing would happen it would ask for play CD. And this process would repeat over and over again. My other cds sim society would work fine not my simcity. I tried returning it for an exchange and the store doesn't sell them anymore.

I am having a similar issue, we had it installed and working fine, then our hard drive died, now we have a new hard drive and have been trying to re-install and it says our registration code is illegal.

Message 37 of 278 (2,616 Views)

[SimCity 4] Error When Installing Sim City 4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled Sim City 4 about 6 months ago and am trying to reinstall it back on to Origin. The game is still on there because I purchased it from Origin, but every time I try installing it, it gives me this message: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. I'm not sure what's going on. There has to be someone who knows what this means or a way around it! (Running Widows Vista if that makes any difference) Btw, I didn't find any where to select Sim City 4 on your "Select Product" section when making this.

Message 38 of 278 (2,717 Views)

[SimCity 4] I cannot find the game i purchased to download from origin

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I purchased SimCity 4 through Origin and I cannot find it to download it

Message 39 of 278 (2,459 Views)

Re: My simcity box set won't work

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi allisonsanchez12,

At the moment, SimCity Social is the only SimCity type game supported on these boards.

If would would like to see other SimCity games supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Someone already suggested supporting some of these games there, so why don't you express your support for their idea? :smileyhappy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 40 of 278 (865 Views)