SimCity 4

by ladyfallkon

Original Post

Re: Question regarding the free SC4D edition I got from EA for the the Simcity issues?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@graceangel333 wrote:

My question is this.

Do i need to register the free digital download version? or... is it automatically registered to me by virtue of having downloaded and installed it through Origin? Or.. is the game old enough that it no longer requires registration? Just wanted to make sure i'm dotting my i's and crossing the t's.

I think it's option 2, since the game was released before Origin.

You can still give it a try, if you can't register it, then you're set. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 151 of 278 (420 Views)

[SimCity 4] I made the mistake of deleting a region and I want to reset the game and can not because of this cloud thing.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I made the mistake of deleting a region and I want to reset the game and can not because of this cloud thing. I have installed and reinstalled and the region is still gone. Is there a way you at Origin can reset the game on my account? 

Message 152 of 278 (426 Views)

[SimCity 4] Redeem Serial Code for hardcopy SimCity 4- Deluxe Edition to Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I got a hardcopy of SimCity 4- Deluxe Edition with serial code behind the game manual and would like to import it into Origin and download a digital version of it.

I have tried using the options 'redeem product code' from the Origin menu at the upper right hand corner of the Origin client, it says invalid code.

Then I read the articles 'Redeem Your Serial Code in Origin' from 'help.ea.com' and proceed with the link 'https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do'.

I input the e-mail address and password for the origin account I want the game import into, the system recognize the serial code and ask me to create a new persona. I created one and then the system said the product is successfully activated.

When I log back in to Origin, I can't find SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on the game list. I tried reloading the games, log off and in for a few times, and even wait for a day, the game still haven't appeared.

I would like some help on this issue.

Thank you very much!

Message 153 of 278 (462 Views)

Re: [SimCity 4] I made the mistake of deleting a region and I want to reset the game and can not because of this cloud thing.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@skaterbetsy wrote:

I made the mistake of deleting a region and I want to reset the game and can not because of this cloud thing. I have installed and reinstalled and the region is still gone. Is there a way you at Origin can reset the game on my account? 

SimCity 4 is not in the cloud, SimCity 2013 is in the cloud.

If you're speaking about SimCity 2013, then your region is lost if you abandoned it.

If you erase a region in SimCity 4, it is also gone, you'll only get the basic regions back upon reinstallation. Provided you also removed the Documents/SimCity 4 folder.

Message 154 of 278 (414 Views)

Re: [SimCity 4] Register retail copy of Sim City 4 with Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm not suprised that you aren't getting help from the so called fourm. I still haven't gotten any help too. I guess with the new release of Sim City they don't want to give owners of the older versions any help.

Message 155 of 278 (814 Views)

Re: [SimCity 4] Register retail copy of Sim City 4 with Origin

★★ Novice

BTW, I have posted an 2nd private message to "eaursula" asking for more help, I do not think anyone will help with issue.

Message 156 of 278 (371 Views)

Re: [SimCity 4] SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition retail, adding to origin.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Sentrinal wrote:

Several years ago I bought SimCity 4 Deluxe edition in a store, in the past year or so, I have lost my disks but I still have my product key and I would like to install it using origin seeing how it is still available on origin. When I click the redeem product code and put my cd key in, it says its an invalid code. I click the FAQ link in the error and it directs me to this page which has SimCity 4 Deluxe listed but I cannot redeem. I'm not going to buy a game again I already have and paid full price for so I would like a solution to this, thank you. 

hate to necro but i have the same issue

Message 157 of 278 (417 Views)

sim city 4

★★★ Newbie

I have the deluxe edition but disc two got crunched though I have used it to play before.  Is it necessary to play using it? I have disc one and the code...

Message 158 of 278 (701 Views)

Re: sim city 4

Community Manager (retired)

Do you have the game registered on your Origin account? If so, you can download it again from the 'My Games' tab there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 159 of 278 (700 Views)

Cant Add Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition To Origin

★★★ Newbie

I tried to add Simcity 4 to Origin but it didnt work. Here are the steps I followed: At the top of the origin app, there was a tab called "Origin". I clicked on that to tried to add it to my games library. I then clicked on Add Game... and clicked on redeem product code. I then typed in the product code that came on the back of the game manual. I clicked next but then it said "The product code entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly." Can somebody please tell me why this is happening and also what I have to do to get it to work?

Message 160 of 278 (697 Views)