Re: Damaged CD

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

[SimCity 4] PC download is incomplete

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased Sims city 4 deluxe from game stop on dec 9, 2012. The install was incomplete and I am being told that I am missing files.

Message 91 of 278 (2,687 Views)

[SimCity 4] Register retail copy of Sim City 4 with Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a retail copy of Sim City 4 and would like to be able to play it through Origin without a cd. However when entering my serial key it seems that game is not supported. Is there a way the game can be manually registered to my account.,

I can provide a serial key, ea registration pin and proof of purchase.

Message 92 of 278 (4,607 Views)

[SimCity 4] Damaged CD

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello:

I have the SimCity 4 Deluxe edition but the CD might be damaged as I have not played it in a while. I have the CD code and was wondering if there is anyway I can download it to my laptop.

Thanks,

Fabio

Message 93 of 278 (2,688 Views)

[SimCity 4] SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition retail, adding to origin.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Several years ago I bought SimCity 4 Deluxe edition in a store, in the past year or so, I have lost my disks but I still have my product key and I would like to install it using origin seeing how it is still available on origin. When I click the redeem product code and put my cd key in, it says its an invalid code. I click the FAQ link in the error and it directs me to this page which has SimCity 4 Deluxe listed but I cannot redeem. I'm not going to buy a game again I already have and paid full price for so I would like a solution to this, thank you. 

Message 94 of 278 (3,268 Views)

[SimCity 4] How do I download purchased SimCity4 onto Mac OSX? Thin client seems incompatible.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought SimCity4 and downloaded the Origin Client (as instructed), but the .exe file won't launch. How can I download my digital game?

Message 95 of 278 (2,967 Views)

Re: How do I download purchased SimCity4 onto Mac OSX? Thin client seems incompatible.

★★★ Newbie

It seems clear that, although SimCity4's marketing material asserts the availability of the game for OSX, digital download of that version is not supported by Origin.

Unfortunately, one can only discover this annoyance only after paying and attempting to download the software.

Am I wrong?

Message 96 of 278 (2,965 Views)

Re: How do I download purchased SimCity4 onto Mac OSX? Thin client seems incompatible.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@houstoniensis wrote:

I just bought SimCity4 and downloaded the Origin Client (as instructed), but the .exe file won't launch. How can I download my digital game?

Yes, it is correct that the digital download version of SimCity 4 is only available for PC. Actually the Origin store page clearly states "PC Download" and Mac is not listed in the system requirements.

You can try to contact a Game Advisor via http://help.ea.com/contact-us and see what they can do for you.

Thank you.

Message 97 of 278 (2,960 Views)

Re: [SimCity 4] Register retail copy of Sim City 4 with Origin

Community Manager

Hi imagreatmagician,

If you have an older game title, such as The Sims 2, Spore, or any other titles released before 2008, you may need to redeem the code through this website:https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

1. Login with your EA account
  2. Enter the code in the box above.
  3. Click Sign In to redeem the code.

It may ask you to link or create a new persona. If the code is still coming up invalid, please email, chat, or call in to support and we can assist you further.

Note: You may need to go back to options and click on "Refresh My Games" before the game will show up in Origin. If this does not make the game show in your "My Games" section, please log out and log back in to Origin.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 98 of 278 (4,589 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Damaged CD

Community Manager

Hi Fabio,

Please read here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-Social/SimCity-4-Register-retail-copy-of-Sim-City-4-with-Origin/m-p...

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 99 of 278 (1,225 Views)

[SimCity 4] Installing SimCity 4 - code missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

bought sim city 4 maybe 5 years ago.  I played it, and then when I was done after a few months I uninstalled it.  Now, I want to play it again.  I have the big plasitc oversized CD case with two disks in it.  The first prompt is to enter a 20 digit code that is supposed to be on this box.  There isn't one on the box that satisfies the prompt.  I don't have any thing else from my original purchase of the game years ago.  Can you help me out?

Message 100 of 278 (2,789 Views)