SimCity 4 Windows 10

by Forklift17

Original Post

Re: SimCity 4 Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

what if I downloaded sim city 4 in origin and it still wont load?? It will pop up for a second with the EA logo and then close. I cant get it to load no matter what I try. please help

Message 11 of 60 (16,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The code I used was invalid on Origin even though I bought it in 2008 and have installed in on multiple machine so it obviously works. When I called, anyone on the help line said that I would have to contact Amazon to get a new code?? That seems absurd when the code obviously worked before and seems like a scam just to get me to pay $19.99 again to re-purchase the game in Origin

Message 12 of 60 (16,234 Views)

★★ Novice

have the same issue.  They tell me the code is invalid, but it clearly is not.  

Message 13 of 60 (15,411 Views)

★★ Novice

after arguing with the EA/Origin support staff.  They did add the game to my official origins account.  Which was great.  Now I can't get it to play though.  

Message 14 of 60 (15,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same exact issue. I chatted with tech support and they told me they would send me an e-mail with trouble shooting instructions and I received nothing.

Message 15 of 60 (15,199 Views)

★★ Guide
@anddonini @ajmidrence

Set both the game and Origin to run as administrator.
Message 16 of 60 (15,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please advise me on how to run SimCity 4 on Windows 10. My school bought several copies of the game, but now none of them work.

One of the games has code: [Removed CD Key - CM]

Can you help?

Message 17 of 60 (14,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can't get help from your website. Can you help?
Run SC4 on Win10...
Great game for elementary aged kids!
Message 18 of 60 (14,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem
Message 19 of 60 (13,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@RichTFanning @knh_16

The same answer goes for both of you from the first page:

The reason you can't properly run SimCity 4 on Windows 10 is because it uses the SafeDisc copy protection system, of which Microsoft removed the driver from Windows 10 for "security reasons", rendering all games that have it unplayable unless you get a digital version from the likes of GOG, Steam and Origin (all of which have SimCity 4 Deluxe), or use a modified executable from the Internet.

Buuuut, you can try and contact EA Help via their chat option and see if they can give the Origin version to you, provided you can prove you are the owner of the games with a photo or two.

Message 20 of 60 (13,801 Views)