Re: SimCity 4 Windows 10

by razstock

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

how can I run my simcity disk on windows 10?

Message 21 of 60 (8,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You can't. Read the thread. EA might be able to help.
Message 22 of 60 (8,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That's not true, my simcity disk worked on Windows 10 - I think I just right clicked it and 'explored' the disk, then clicked on 'setup.exe' and ran it that way. It depends though as this worked on my laptop but not my pc and they're both Windows 10. Another thing you can try is opening the disk in ultra iso or similar program and copy all files on the disk to a folder on your hard drive and then try to run setup.exe from there.
Message 23 of 60 (8,056 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same issue. I just contacted EA via chat, thanks to the poster who posted that link, and provided both of my game codes (I own two versions) and they added it to Origin so I can download, install and play it.

I recommend contacting EA via chat, they were quite helpful and quick. They were able to look up the game codes, see they were registered to me and add them to Origin without incident.

Message 24 of 60 (7,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It did not work...should I buy the 2005 version that is compatible with Windows 7, then try your instructions?

Message 25 of 60 (7,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where can I buy the win 20 version?

Message 26 of 60 (7,575 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve tried both and no luck.  EA basically wouldn’t help me with origin.  I have my original code and proof of purchase but since I can’t remember my email from 15 years ago they basically told me I need to purchase again.  No wonder people are jumping ship for other games.

Message 27 of 60 (6,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nothing works for me. Windows 7 and Simcity 4. I am so upset.

Message 28 of 60 (6,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to ask EA help (chat) to get it in Origin - the answer was:

"I have checked with all the possible way however I have found that the CD are synchronized with the license of the operating system when you install the game in the very beginning and in these cases either you have to contact the retailer to get a new code or you have to purchase the game through Origin if you want the game in your Origin code."

how do I reach somebody who can help?

Message 29 of 60 (6,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This company is a crock of *.  I can't play my hardcopy game that I paid money for and EA I'm sure happily collected it in their accounts and will not grant me access to it on origin because it's an old game but they are more than happy to tell me that i can pay them for it a second time in order to have access on origin to the same exact old game that's too old for them to grant me access to.  Matter of fact, I can pay them  monthly to play a game I've already paid for or I can pay a flat 20 bucks that I've already given them once.  No wonder why there are so many people online preaching their disgust and dislike of your company.  It;s absolutely crooked to have taken money for a game once then tell poeple it's too old to put on their account but hey pay us again and then it's not too old to put on your account.  You've got to be kidding me EA, I will never again purchase a game your company puts out.

Message 30 of 60 (6,204 Views)