Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: SimCity 4 Windows 10

by PhoenixofMT

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

how can I run my simcity disk on windows 10?

Message 21 of 28 (1,861 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
You can't. Read the thread. EA might be able to help.
Message 22 of 28 (1,428 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
That's not true, my simcity disk worked on Windows 10 - I think I just right clicked it and 'explored' the disk, then clicked on 'setup.exe' and ran it that way. It depends though as this worked on my laptop but not my pc and they're both Windows 10. Another thing you can try is opening the disk in ultra iso or similar program and copy all files on the disk to a folder on your hard drive and then try to run setup.exe from there.
Message 23 of 28 (1,420 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I just contacted EA via chat, thanks to the poster who posted that link, and provided both of my game codes (I own two versions) and they added it to Origin so I can download, install and play it.

I recommend contacting EA via chat, they were quite helpful and quick. They were able to look up the game codes, see they were registered to me and add them to Origin without incident.

Message 24 of 28 (1,136 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

It did not work...should I buy the 2005 version that is compatible with Windows 7, then try your instructions?

Message 25 of 28 (936 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Where can I buy the win 20 version?

Message 26 of 28 (936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve tried both and no luck.  EA basically wouldn’t help me with origin.  I have my original code and proof of purchase but since I can’t remember my email from 15 years ago they basically told me I need to purchase again.  No wonder people are jumping ship for other games.

Message 27 of 28 (312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nothing works for me. Windows 7 and Simcity 4. I am so upset.

Message 28 of 28 (251 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help