Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe on Windows 10 - wont run

by shuttyrules

Original Post

SimCity 4 Deluxe on Windows 10 - wont run

★ Novice

Hi,

I have just tried to play Sim City 4 Deluxe (disc version) and it wont start. It installed ok but wont run (tried compatibility mode, admin etc). I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and from doing some searching it appears to be a common issue.

Please can you help.

Cheers

Message 1 of 7 (2,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Simcity 4 is just far too old now.  It's 12 or 13 years since its release, before Windows Vista, or Windows7, or Windows8.  You can't expect to play it forever, unless you keep an old PC around to play it on!  

P. S.  I just confirmed the date, over 13 years ago: 

January 14, 2003 

Message 2 of 7 (2,206 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same issue with Civ4 and they gave me a free Steam code for a download version. Are EA not doing that or is profit more important than customer satisfaction?

Message 3 of 7 (2,193 Views)

Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe on Windows 10 - cannot run

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This is not an EA access place.  We sell nothing at all here.  We are game players, not game sellers.  It's up to you to buy products to match the hardware you want to use.  For Windows 10 you can't bother anyone by complaining about that antique stuff long since replaced by Simcity 2013.  You should have preserved a running copy of an old OS to use.  Take your griping about the matter to EA, not to this community. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

You get two options: Live chat on your keyboard, or telephone callback in North America and the UK that I know about.   eMail options are limited to very specific situations, such as protesting a disciplinary BAN. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,189 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Any idea of an email address to contact? I can't fill in the form thing because SimCity4 isnt on the list.

Message 5 of 7 (2,184 Views)

Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe on Windows 10 - cannot run

★★★ Newbie

Just read the posts and I see no reason for the rude reply. The submission was only asking for help, not griping. Lighten up already!

Message 6 of 7 (1,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gorath_the_Elder I just played SCS on Windows 10 RAN fine. I cannot get, however, SCS the Expansion Destinations to run. Silly question, I have the download version of both games. Which game do I need to open?
Message 7 of 7 (1,015 Views)