SimCity 2013 Loading

by WilsonKF

Original Post

SimCity 2013 Loading

★ Novice

I cannot get SimCity (2013) to fully load. I just got a brand new Inspiron laptop with Windows 11 on it and I can't get SimCity to launch on it. I'll get the EA screen, but it freezes white before it can get to the start screen of SimCity. Even though it has freezed up, I can hear the rest of the game continuing in the background. Music and everything as if its moving on to the official start screen for the game. If I'm quick enough I can press enter and skip straight to the start screen but it doesn't show any options, I cannot click on anything and I can't access any of the game settings either. It doesn't make any sense as I have no problem playing Sims 4. I know there are others out there who have the same issues but I don't see a resolution anywhere online.

I've tried all of the below items to get it to work:

- uninstalled/re-installed SimCity

- uninstalled/re-installed the EA app

- repaired SimCity multiple times

- ran both SimCity and the EA app as an administrator

Message 1 of 3 (1,136 Views)

Re: SimCity 2013 Loading

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue with my new Samsung laptop with WIndows 11, and I've also tried those same things. Anyone know of a fix for this? 

Message 2 of 3 (910 Views)

Re: SimCity 2013 Loading

★★★ Newbie

same here with new HP laptop and window 11.  Can play Simcity a few days ago after game repair and restart computer.  But today after clicking play on Simcity start screen, the black screen flashed twice and the Simcity icon remains on the taskbar.

Message 3 of 3 (511 Views)