Sim City 4 wont load on windows 10

by InMomentTest

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim City 4 wont load on windows 10

Test Rank

I just decided to load up my old version of Sim city 4. I can get it to install on my windows 10 machine but it won't run even in administrator mode. What am I missing?

Message 1 of 9 (3,420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim City 4 wont load on windows 10

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The old CDs for SimCity 4 will absolutely not run on Windows 10. They were made with a special kind of copy protection called SecuRom. The only way to run the game now is to get a digital copy from Origin/EA Play. If you've had the CD for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add it to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

**If you bought the CD used, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would suggest returning to the seller and explaining that you can't use it.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,841 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Message 2 of 9 (3,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the dead link

Message 3 of 9 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Link doesn't work?????

Message 4 of 9 (1,891 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@InMomentTest Ik heb EA gecontacteerd. Heb 2 paketten en dus ook 2 sleutels. Het lukt hen gewoon niet. Gisteren contact opgenomen. Geen resultaat. Vandaag stond ik op de 34ste plaats. Toen het aan mij was om mijn boodschap in te chatten, werd plots alles onderbroken. "Onze agenten werken maar tot...". Zo een supergame en geen hulp..
Message 5 of 9 (1,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The old CDs for SimCity 4 will absolutely not run on Windows 10. They were made with a special kind of copy protection called SecuRom. The only way to run the game now is to get a digital copy from Origin/EA Play. If you've had the CD for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add it to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

**If you bought the CD used, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would suggest returning to the seller and explaining that you can't use it.

Message 6 of 9 (1,842 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@christiaenserik - This forum is an English-only forum. In the future, please respond in English, or post in any of the other language forums as necessary.

The following languages are the ones that are supported on AHQ:

You can also contact an EA Game advisor on the EA Help Center. Detailed instructions can be found here: Talk to us: How To Contact EA Help for Support  (Change the country in the top right-hand corner to your country / preferred language)

Feel free to repost it in any of the aforementioned languages in the appropriate forum

Message 7 of 9 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do they still hand out product keys for this game anymore? EA told me the game is no longer available so they cannot give me a product key

Message 8 of 9 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@duxdelux77 - They don't just hand out product keys, but you may be able to get one if you have an original CD. Did you provide proof of ownership on a SC4 CD? 

Edit:

@duxdelux77 - I escalated this issue. Thanks for providing the info. Please check your Origin account

Message 9 of 9 (1,254 Views)