Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition

by jennihouston

Original Post

Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition

★★★ Newbie

We bought Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition years ago and our son now wants to play. We have since lost the manual/case where the code was supposed to be. We have gone through several computer upgrades since then and we would not be able to retrieve it that way. Is there any way to find what our code is?

Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)

Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jennihouston Please post your questions in the correct category.

Moved from Command & Conquer to SimCity.

On the subject of your question... in these days where piracy is abundant and you can more or less find the actual DVD images of games in seconds by searching online, that serial code is your only real proof of game ownership. It's really that simple. You lose your code, you lost your game.

If you're lucky you can get a new code by going to help.ea.com and clicking on until you get a live chat, and somehow proving to them you own the game (I dunno, by providing a photo of your disc or something), but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

You can always just buy it again -  it's only $10 on Origin. And since that's on Origin and will be tied to your account, you can't lose it.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (447 Views)

Re: Sim City 4, any Edition, unsupported in here

★★★★★ Expert

This is the SC 2013 game's forum.  All other Simcity games are supported in "Other Simcity Games", not in here. 

Message 3 of 3 (439 Views)