[Mac] Mojave - Cursor & Display Resolution Problems

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: Buttons are not working!

★★★ Novice

A general post from Aspyr about SimCity and other Sims games and the new macOS 10.15 Catalina moving from 32-bit to 64-bit - https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000214186-MacOS-Catalina-64-bit-32-bit-and-related-Qu...

Message 71 of 83 (3,545 Views)

鼠标指针偏移。 mouse point is not pair actually point. how to solve it?

★★★ Newbie

I play Si,city one the MAC platform and found the mouse is not working. 

I found that my mouse point is not pair actually point. 

您好, 我在mac 上下载了simcity,但是我发现我下载打开以后,鼠标的指针和点击的指针不重合,我点不到相应的位置,请问这个应该怎么解决?

Message 72 of 83 (3,546 Views)

Re: 鼠标指针偏移。 mouse point is not pair actually point. how to solve it?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @huluhulo - I have moved your post to the master thread on this issue. Please try the solutions listed in the first post. https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/m-p/7839105#... Launching in Windowed Mode should help. You might want to try changing display resolution using the instructions, too.

Happy building!

Message 73 of 83 (3,512 Views)

Re: [Mac] Mouse Cursor and Display Resolution Problems

★★★★ Novice
@BlackjackWidow
I have the same problem with macOS 10.14.6.
Wait for patch.
Message 74 of 83 (3,441 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kirbyzhou wrote:
@BlackjackWidow
I have the same problem with macOS 10.14.6.
Wait for patch.

The issue started with the  update to Mojave. Since MacOS Catalina 10.15 has now been released, I'm not sure if Apple will ever patch Mojave to fix this issue. Unfortunately, with MacOS 10.15 (Catalina), Apple has withdrawn support for 32 bit apps, so updating to that will break SimCity. 

Your best bet is to force your resolution in the command line as described in the first post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/m-p/7839105#...

More info on running SimCity after upgrading to Catalina can be found in This Post

Happy Building!

Message 75 of 83 (3,424 Views)

★★ Novice

I purchased SIMCITY via Aspyr. I am running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave). What the heck: my cursor is super huge and pixelated. And moves super slowly. Now when I go into Settings, I am unable to change -- it is stuck at 1650 x 1050. By "stuck" I mean that if chose a different resolution, I am unable to select "accept" so it reverts to 1650 x 1050.  It seems like the work arounds are geared to playing this game in Origin. Does anyone have a fix for playing it in Aspyr?  I don't play frequently, but I still like to play it.

Message 76 of 83 (3,251 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Jovolt wrote:

I purchased SIMCITY via Aspyr. I am running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave). What the heck: my cursor is super huge and pixelated. And moves super slowly. Now when I go into Settings, I am unable to change -- it is stuck at 1650 x 1050. By "stuck" I mean that if chose a different resolution, I am unable to select "accept" so it reverts to 1650 x 1050.  It seems like the work arounds are geared to playing this game in Origin. Does anyone have a fix for playing it in Aspyr?  I don't play frequently, but I still like to play it.

Hi @Jovolt - I am unfamiliar with the Aspyr version, and am away from my computer for a few more days.

Tagging the Mac expert @Bluebellflora - for help on how someone can do a command line switch for the Aspyr version.

On a PC, there would be a way to add the "-w" and the "-r:HHHHxRRRR" switches into the shortcut, but I don't know how to accomplish this on a Mac.

Message 77 of 83 (3,238 Views)

@Jovolt

Probably best to contact Aspyr directly as EA has nothing to do with the App Store version. Aside from checking your Mac resolution and pointer preferences I’m not sure what else to suggest. I’ll load the Aspyr version up later this evening and see if there is a way to force the resolution but you should definitely contact Aspyr directly Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 78 of 83 (3,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have a Mac Book Air. The cursor is not accurate in so I can not play the game. When I tried utilizing the tools you guys listed, none of them work. And also, "game properties" does not present as an option when you right click on the SimCity icon. 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Message 79 of 83 (2,836 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @mjcloud2025 - Are you right-clicking on the SimCity icon in Origin? That is where you find the Game Properties. You also want to be sure that SimCity is not running - make sure you've completely exited the game.

If that's not the issue, please provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

Which version of the game are you playing? Purchased from EA through Origin or from Aspyr through the App Store? Are you playing in online or offline mode?

Message 80 of 83 (2,802 Views)