Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

by peepants35

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

★★★★ Novice

Hi all- I've just installed SimCity4 on Windows 10 (through Origin) after not playing for many years and now would like to install mods. The first one that I tried, a box said that 'attempting to open a 'system file' (dll.) can harm other systems' and I have to select an app to open it. When I had the game before I used to just unzip and install without any issue (or selecting an 'app')

Does anybody know what I'm missing? I haven't a clue what 'app' I'm supposed to use for opening the file. I can do a search, but it says that my computer can't find a suitable one? I can proceed to another menu if I select Internet Explorer, but again when I try to open it, it says that I don't have an app associated with it.

I have to confess that I'm fairly new to windows 10 and don't really understand it- please forgive me if this is a foolish question, but does anyone know how do I go about installing mods?

Thanks everybody in advance for the help

Message 1 of 2 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

★★★★ Novice

Weeell I figured it out an hour after posting this- Turns out that the extra cheats mod doesn't need to be installed, just placed in the plugins folder. How embarrassing. Now the name peepants will become a moniker of laughter forever.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (448 Views)

All Replies

Re: Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

★★★★ Novice

Weeell I figured it out an hour after posting this- Turns out that the extra cheats mod doesn't need to be installed, just placed in the plugins folder. How embarrassing. Now the name peepants will become a moniker of laughter forever.

Message 2 of 2 (449 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help