Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

by peepants35

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

★★ Novice

Hi all- I've just installed SimCity4 on Windows 10 (through Origin) after not playing for many years and now would like to install mods. The first one that I tried, a box said that 'attempting to open a 'system file' (dll.) can harm other systems' and I have to select an app to open it. When I had the game before I used to just unzip and install without any issue (or selecting an 'app')

Does anybody know what I'm missing? I haven't a clue what 'app' I'm supposed to use for opening the file. I can do a search, but it says that my computer can't find a suitable one? I can proceed to another menu if I select Internet Explorer, but again when I try to open it, it says that I don't have an app associated with it.

I have to confess that I'm fairly new to windows 10 and don't really understand it- please forgive me if this is a foolish question, but does anyone know how do I go about installing mods?

Thanks everybody in advance for the help

Message 1 of 2 (2,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

★★ Novice

Weeell I figured it out an hour after posting this- Turns out that the extra cheats mod doesn't need to be installed, just placed in the plugins folder. How embarrassing. Now the name peepants will become a moniker of laughter forever.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,404 Views)

All Replies

Re: Installing Mods in Simcity 4 (Windows 10)

★★ Novice

Weeell I figured it out an hour after posting this- Turns out that the extra cheats mod doesn't need to be installed, just placed in the plugins folder. How embarrassing. Now the name peepants will become a moniker of laughter forever.

Message 2 of 2 (2,405 Views)