How/where can i place extraction pods in simcity?

by worzi133

Original Post

How/where can i place extraction pods in simcity?

★★ Apprentice

How this hell can I place extraction pods in simcity cities of the future it won't place next to a road even though i have oil and ore beneth the placement area. further why don'ty you make this answer bull**bleep** easier, i am sorry i purchased the expansion now i have to bug you some more , you think i like wasting my time trying to get thids game to work proper;ly , you think i like bulldozong my oil well with 10 rigs to set up an extraction pod only to find out i canot place it anywhere, plus you say that the pipeline can be placed anywhere but that isn't true either as soon as i laid my first pipe it said i cannot place through a placed building even though I tried to put it underground where most pipelines are, i am just **bleep**in sick of wasting all my time and effort on your bull**bleep** games here we go again every game you make has some bull**bleep** bug that takes pulling teeth to resolve!

Message 1 of 9 (22,601 Views)

Re: How/where can i place extraction pods in simcity?

★ Novice

Pipes first.... in very straight lines..... and very little elevation change.

(they snap to pipes instead of roads)

Shame really, I was hoping to drop them on cliffs containing ore and run pipes from there, but its not been as seamless as that.

Message 2 of 9 (22,573 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, tried that. I have extraction pods placed along a pipeline connected to my Omega factory but they all say "Road Problem!" Anyone know what's going on?

Message 3 of 9 (21,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem.  Turns out that there is a pipe nipple on the back middle of the Omega Corp factory. Have to hook the pipeline into that hole to get it to connect.  Then all is good.  

Message 4 of 9 (21,677 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, I have it connected to the nipple.

Weirdly, they're working absolutely fine in another city.

Ho hum, guess it's just another bug that I'll have to live with until offline comes along and the modders fix everything within a few weeks.

Message 5 of 9 (21,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you ---- pipes first... then!     Simple explanation.

Message 6 of 9 (8,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright guys, I have seen alot of negative comments here about extraction pod so i thought i should share my personal experience with few pictures. First of all, Its the best extraction machine u could ever buy for the fact that it extracts both oil and ore JUST FROM OIL RESOURCES. May i have ur attention now! Ok, i know i have and, hey, it cost 3500 for one omega factory and everything is included that runs my whole city. Yes, you can’t run pipes across structures neither underground so it kinda sucks from that perspective, but thats the reason u should stop urself from buying it. Alright, i have done enough marketing and u guys should do whatever u see fit. Add me on origin Littlenuke28😅😃

Message 7 of 9 (7,848 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for sharing your experience with extraction pods, @Aussey28 Always nice to see some actual gameplay tips on the forum. In reading your post, I realize I have never used the extraction pods before. When I do an Omega city, I always import the resources to leave as much room as possible for the Omega factories. I'll have to give extraction pods a try one of these days.

Message 8 of 9 (7,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you!!!!

Message 9 of 9 (2,662 Views)