Re: How to transfer SimCity 4?

by HuskyAllstarz

Original Post

How to transfer SimCity 4?

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game a while ago in a box. After many years, unfortunately, I lost the discs to install SimCity 4. I have it downloaded on my computer, but I want to transfer it to a laptop. Is there any way to transfer SimCity 4 to a different computer without the need of the discs?

Message 1 of 6 (1,534 Views)

★★ Novice
Unfortunately I don’t believe you can unless you buy the game online or have it in origin, you can backup the files on a USB stick and copy the files, then right before you play the game you can put the files into the simcity game on your laptop
Message 2 of 6 (1,248 Views)

★★ Guide
@HuskyAllstarz

First of all, you're replying to a thread that's two years old.

Second of all, merely copying the files won't work because the game uses registry files that can't be copied as easily as physical files.
Message 3 of 6 (1,240 Views)

★★ Novice
@plokite95
How do I transfer the mods and regions then?
Message 4 of 6 (1,217 Views)

★★ Guide
@HuskyAllstarz

The Regions are found in the Regions folders in the main game directory and in the game's directory in your Documents folder. As for mods, you just re-apply them as if you're installing them for the first time.
Message 5 of 6 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Will they appear on the land if plopped if I paste the mods before I play the game or do I have to replop them in the game again where they were before?
Message 6 of 6 (1,197 Views)