Re: How to install Simcity 4 Deluxe without disk.

by PhoenixofMT

Original Post

How to install Simcity 4 Deluxe without disk.

★ Novice

I recently found my old copy of Simcity 4 Deluxe, pre-origin, sadly my primary computer doesn't have a disk drive, I tried installing on my secondary PC and found out the game wont install due to imperfections on the disk. Is there a way to properly install or to possibly get a code to activate on Origin, I still have the activation code and everything.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm attempting to do the same thing. Disc-based DRM is unsupported in Windows 10, so it won't work from my portable disk reader. I just tried to start a chat with support, but either the page is bugged, or chat support is not available on Sunday evenings. In other forums, I've seen mention of EA being helpful to users like us with games that their obsolete DRM left unplayable. I guess I'll try on a weekday and see if it's true.

Message 2 of 3 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It turns out that the chat support doesn't play nicely with my add blocker. I now have SC4 Deluxe in my Origin account. I sent a picture of my CD case, discs, and partial key when I initiated the chat. Had to provide the key again in chat and got a transaction code + game in my library. Relatively quick and pain-free.

Message 3 of 3 (1,507 Views)