Re: My SimCity 4 Deluxe Cd-Key will not redeem in Origin

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

How to Register Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition with Product Key

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here....  I bought this Sim City 4 Deluxe boxed set many years ago.   have not played for years, and now want to install but of course the product key on the manual results in "Invalid key...
 both origin and ea online!!!

Message 1 of 4 (2,092 Views)

Re: How to Register Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition with Product Key

Hero (Retired)

Hi @DwayneOnBowen - I moved your post from the SimCity 2013 forums, as SimCity 4 Deluxe is a different version and needs to be handled differently. I also edited the title to reflect the issue. 

First, be certain that you didn't already register this game under a different user name. Once it's registered to an account, it can't be transferred or registered to a different account. Try any old user names and password combinations to log in at ea.com and check to be sure it's not already out there. If you find it, you'll need to contact support and work with them on whether it's possible to transfer to your current account.

Since you've already tried registering the SimCity 4 Deluxe boxed set, you've found that Origin may not recognize the promo codes even if it's never been registered before. Since it didn't take, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification or proof that you own the box. **see below for more info

If you bought the boxed set in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would return the set to the seller and explain that you can't use it.

**Be aware that EA Help support options are temporarily limited due to the current pandemic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864042#M334946 Be patient, as there can be a wait time involved, particularly with account issues that need direct contact. Phone support is currently closed, and the live chat can experience longer queue times. English Support hours are reduced to 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday 

You can also contact the team via Facebook or Twitter at any time. 

Hope this helps Fingers crossed

Message 2 of 4 (2,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If it has become this difficult.  EA should have just released a patch to download free so we can still play from the discs we already own.

If I'm going to buy another Sim City game it's going to be the newest one.  I don't want to purchase something I already own. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,058 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @steveund - I moved your post to a more recent thread on this subject. If you're experiencing issues with redeeming the SC4 CD key in Origin, please read the answer directly above your post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-SimCity-Games/How-to-Register-Sim-City-4-Deluxe-Edition-with-Product...

I hope this helps - Happy Building!

Message 4 of 4 (2,036 Views)