Having trouble with SimCity 4 and SimCity 3000 on Windows 10.

by AssaultOctopus

Original Post

Having trouble with SimCity 4 and SimCity 3000 on Windows 10.

★ Novice

I recently updated to Windows 10, and I'm having trouble with 2 of my favorite games, SimCity 4 and 3000. While they used to launch and run fine on 7, they won't start up at all now. I know it isn't the OS, as a friend has 4 and it runs fine. Some help with this would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4 (2,160 Views)

Re: Having trouble with SimCity 4 and SimCity 3000 on Windows 10.

EA DICE Team

Hi @AssaultOctopus,

Let's see if we can get your favorite games running on Windows 10. There are a couple of things you can try:

1. Make sure you use digital versions through Origin. Disc versions will not work.
  2. Turn off Origin in-game.
  3. Try running the games in compatibility mode: right click the shortcut > Properties > Compatibility. Choose a compatibility mode, click apply and try again. You can try a couple modes to see which one will work.
  4. Run Origin as admin by right clicking the shortcut.

Also, did you do an upgrade of W10 or a fresh install? If you did an upgrade we might need to remove some extra files. Please reach out to me if the above steps did not get you back into the game.. :-)

Message 2 of 4 (2,082 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi

I have the disc version of SC4 Deluxe and since Microsoft doesn't care about its users they have made sure you can't use that "stone age" technology anymore. How can I download the game through Origin using the activation key I already own?

Message 3 of 4 (722 Views)

Hero

@ColonelFields This is a pretty old thread, but if you have your disk and the product key, you can contact Customer Support and ask them to register the game on your Origin account. You might have to provide a photo of the disk and the key as proof.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (715 Views)