Encountered an installation issue of SimCity 2000

by charliewutw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Encountered an installation issue of SimCity 2000

★★★ Newbie

Dear gamers:

I tried to install SimCity 2000 on my laptop with Windows 10 Home; however, an error message popped up (please find enclosed) after clicking on the file INSTALL.EXE.

My questions are as follows:

1. Which operating systems support? I cannot find any info on SimCity 2000 official website.

2. If SimCity 2000 supports Windows 10, what should I do to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (1,178 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Encountered an installation issue of SimCity 2000

Community Manager

@charliewutw 

If you run into any more issues please make a new post and we can provide any relevant information available on the issue.  

Or you can reach out to an advisor with the contact information below.  

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary but phone or live chat would be faster than email.    
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance    
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,118 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@charliewutw Are you installing from a Disc or the Origin Client?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (1,149 Views)

Community Manager
@charliewutw Wanted to see if you were able to get past this error?

Illium.png

Message 3 of 6 (1,135 Views)

Community Manager

@charliewutw 

If you run into any more issues please make a new post and we can provide any relevant information available on the issue.  

Or you can reach out to an advisor with the contact information below.  

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary but phone or live chat would be faster than email.    
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance    
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dear all:

After confirmation, the results are as follows:

1. I tried to download the package of SimCity 2000 at two sites below again.

(I have slightly changed two folder names first) 

2. I double-clicked two executable files below.

INSTALL.EXE or SC2000.EXE

Actual result: The same error message popped up (Please find enclosed)

Or which address do you recommend downloading its 2000 free package to install?

(Removed link to third party sites) - Atic

Message 5 of 6 (1,089 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @charliewutw - Although not free, SimCity 2000 is available for a very reasonable price (around $6US) on Origin here: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/simcity/simcity-2000 (it is free to play with an EA Play membership). 

There are a few possibilities with the error you are receiving, you may have some malware on your laptop or file/registry corruption. If you get the same message when installing via Origin, please run a dxdiag following these instructions: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information and attach to a reply. This will @EA_Illium to help you further. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,076 Views)