Re: Education bug? (enrollment drops to ~55%)

by Nafeasonto

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

5 months later and still no acknowledgement.  In that time there was one cheesy expansion pack released and now they're trying to do something they should have done a while ago.  Please for the love of a competitive gaming market place, stop absorbing all these other companies.  They actually cared about putting out a product that was top notch and had lasting value.  This was easily one of my favorite franchises of all time and now its collecting digital dust in my digital game library.

Message 51 of 74 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still having this issue for a number of my cities in a region. Education was working fine, and then suddenly enrolment is only around 30%. Yet in the education layer map, there are no purple "not enrolled" students to be found. I've tried deleting and rebuilding my education buildings countless times and deleting residential buildings. Traffic is not an issue. Clearly this is a bug.

For the love of god EA can we get this game to work? Where was the fix you promised in one of the posts on this thread?

Message 52 of 74 (1,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can I get a refund? I just bought this game and played it for a week and I have this problem. I am not in the market for game breaking bugs like this.
Thanks.

Message 53 of 74 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yup I am having the same issue, out of no where, my education jsut drops like a rock.  

Message 54 of 74 (1,526 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here! I took a break from the game, came back to try out offline mode and I've found it's still broken as hell - Mega towers, mass transit, missing students, the list goes on... I want to like this game, but these constant issues make it pretty damn hard.

Message 55 of 74 (1,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have the same problem. i've seen this issue reported as "ghost buildings" by some mod on the EA forums. Deleting residential buildings do resolve the problem but only for a short while. this bug makes the game unplayable for me as it completly breaks immersion having to destroy your buildings every 5 minutes or so. Why is there no update on this situation? i can't help but wonder if they will ever give us one...

Message 56 of 74 (1,437 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I should have returned this game as soon as possible.  I don't know what I was expecting from a company that is constantly in contention for worst company in america.

Message 57 of 74 (1,401 Views)

★★★ Novice

It seems like every city I get over 100k and play for more then 5 game years I get get hit with this bug.  The only way I've found arond it is to buldose all the R buildings in waves over night so it takes a few days to recover the kids, then a few weeks to build back to 100% educated...  really really annoying bug!

Message 58 of 74 (1,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MaxisBazajaytee wrote:

Thanks everyone for your city details, we have a promising fix so your cities are currently being tested against to make sure the fix works

Hi Bazajaytee,

Just read this thread with interest. Would you be able to let us know how progress may or may not be going with this ongoing issue with education levels?

Thanks,

Lavistababy.

Message 59 of 74 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

guys this really sucks, I did a huge nice and rich omega city folowing a very nice youtube tutorial, and then this education bug kills me, after so many hours, and so much pride of the city i have built, i will have to abandon it... 

you know what, it really takes away the fun of the game...

Im considering stopping playing it untill they find a solution for it...

Message 60 of 74 (1,094 Views)