Downgrade Simcity to Standard Edition

by bubbagee70

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downgrade Simcity to Standard Edition

★★★ Newbie

I own SimCity Complete Edition which I bought when on a PC.  I've since switched to a MAC.  Complete edition is 32-bit and not compatible on a MAC but SimCity Standard Edition is.  Is there a way I can downgrade back to Standard Edition?

Message 1 of 4 (1,363 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downgrade Simcity to Standard Edition

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @bubbagee70,

There should not be a difference between the bit version of the game if you purchase the Complete or Standard edition of the game. May I ask where you got this information from?

On the System Requirements page of the game, it also shows the following disclaimer;
Mac System Requirements
Minimum OS: macOS 10.9 Mavericks through macOS 10.14.x Mojave. This game will only run on macOS versions that support 32-bit applications; macOS 10.15 Catalina and higher are not supported.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,340 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @bubbagee70,

There should not be a difference between the bit version of the game if you purchase the Complete or Standard edition of the game. May I ask where you got this information from?

On the System Requirements page of the game, it also shows the following disclaimer;
Mac System Requirements
Minimum OS: macOS 10.9 Mavericks through macOS 10.14.x Mojave. This game will only run on macOS versions that support 32-bit applications; macOS 10.15 Catalina and higher are not supported.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 4 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah, it is because my OS is higher and does not support 32-bit.  So, won't matter.  Thanks for the quick reply

Message 3 of 4 (1,326 Views)

Community Manager
@bubbagee70, no worries, happy to help. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 4 (1,283 Views)