Can't click on anything on the main menu!

by Trixims-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't click on anything on the main menu!

★★ Novice

After coming back to the game, I can only start the game. The intro plays okay, but when I get to the main menu, none of the buttons are clickable. I can't continue a game or start a new game. All I have is the music playing and the main menu. I have force quit around eight times. I uninstalled Origin and reloaded it as well but the results are the same. Has anyone else had the same problem? (I am on a mac)

Message 1 of 11 (12,649 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't click on anything on the main menu!

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Trixims- - 

@Legally_genius is correct that there is a problem with SimCity & the Mojave update. There are more details with a few suggestions to workaround the issue (other than buying a PC)

Please check this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/td-p/7839105. If this sounds like your issue, please click the Me Too button on the first post & add your info as requested there.

If you have a different issue, reply back with your system info and we'll try to troubleshoot with you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (12,603 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
If you go through the SimCity answer forums, you will find that Mac OS hardware is broken with SimCity, the only fix is getting an old-ish Windows PC (not to hate on mac, I really like your os).
Message 2 of 11 (12,618 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Trixims- - 

@Legally_genius is correct that there is a problem with SimCity & the Mojave update. There are more details with a few suggestions to workaround the issue (other than buying a PC)

Please check this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/td-p/7839105. If this sounds like your issue, please click the Me Too button on the first post & add your info as requested there.

If you have a different issue, reply back with your system info and we'll try to troubleshoot with you.

Message 3 of 11 (12,604 Views)

★★ Novice
AAh! I see. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I will wait until it is fixed I guess. I might buy the Cities: Skyline. It looks similar to Simcity.
Message 4 of 11 (12,584 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this exact same issue too, macOS Mojave 10.14.4. I can launch the game, but then I can't click anywhere. The music is playing and it still seems to be running, but clicks aren't registering. If I press esc, the menu loads. I have to force quit to end the game as I can't click anywhere.

Message 5 of 11 (12,576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The issue is that SimCity was abandoned in 2015 because of EA merging Maxis with The Sims 4 studio, and that's why it will never be fixed, and EA can also handle DLC, just so you don't do not so great stuff with @BlackjackWidow
Message 6 of 11 (12,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SuperGirlGamerK wrote:

I'm having this exact same issue too, macOS Mojave 10.14.4. I can launch the game, but then I can't click anywhere. The music is playing and it still seems to be running, but clicks aren't registering. If I press esc, the menu loads. I have to force quit to end the game as I can't click anywhere.

Please check this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/td-p/7839105. If this sounds like your issue, it can help to click the Me Too button on the first post & add your info as requested there. 

You could try playing in windowed mode, to see if that helps. It seems to be a decent workaround for people, at least until Apple issues a patch that fixes it. The instructions on how to do it are in the first post in the thread I linked above. 

Message 7 of 11 (12,517 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it is exactly as you say, broken! Can not get it to work anymore. Mac Mojave as well.

Message 8 of 11 (10,725 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dacullen_1 - Please check this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/td-p/7839105

Changing resolution via the command line and/or running in windowed mode solves this issue for most people. Happy Building!

Message 9 of 11 (10,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded the game, encountered the same issue (game didn't respond to any mouse clicks), and tried out the windowed mode as per the suggestions above. I can confirm this works; I'll also give the other options a whirl... 

Message 10 of 11 (5,199 Views)